Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost thread for those who want to talk

Post Thanks / Like
    lets chat away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    well i managed to be up for 5.00 to watch it ......in a whole i thought it was good the ending wasnt what i was expecting but not sure what i expected to happen.

i thought parts were beautiful and sad and did shed a few tears .....and after watching again i kinda like the last scene.

disappointed thou that there was no michael and walt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't follow it but my son was up at 5 to watch it and I caught the last 15 minutes and still managed to cry..

Did they all die??? That may be a silly question but it was al a bit too way out for me... did Jack's dad being there and having died ( but then seemed to be alive) and the doors opening to a bright whilte light, signify heaven??

Or have I got it completely wrong

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    I've never seen an episode but have heard people talking about it. Did they all die when the plane crashed or over a long period of time.

And Nut if you don't want to know what happens, get out of this thread! I can see your name at the bottom!

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the first few episodes in media and from what I saw they where all alive and living on the island. I know that they escape the island and become famous but they have to go back and the plane crashes all over again. I think that's only like series 2 though.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    My post was about last nights episode Josh and the ending - it was a bit surreal

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Josh, I have no idea where you got that idea from. There was no reference to going back in the first three seasons - they were just on an island, thought they were all alive and that they had to get off.

The popular theory from the start was that the plane had crashed, and most of the passengers died, and were in purgatory. Those on the plane but never mentioned when they found the plane's mandate were assumed to have survived, or passed straight into heaven.

I've always been fond of this theory, and took the final scene from the last ever episode to confirm just that - they didn't die on the island, they were dead when they got there, and as they made peace with themselves they re-died and went to heaven. When people have LEFT the island without dying (see Michael on his boat, at the end of season 3) I assume they have been saved in the real world.

In the last few seasons theres been lots of alternate realities, that have explored the 'what if's', but I think they are mostly designed to build bonds between viewer and character, as you see what they could have become if the plane never crashed.

It also clearly defines Jack as 'the self appointed leader' - in season 4 finale he 'had to go back' because he was worried about those he'd left behind, and at the very end, it was only when he KNEW that everyone else had made peace with their endings that he too was able to pass through purgatory himself.

It was also cool to FINALLY see Jack and Locke fight, even if it wasn't really Locke.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkE, post: 209820
    Josh, I have no idea where you got that idea from. There was no reference to going back in the first three seasons - they were just on an island, thought they were all alive and that they had to get off.

The popular theory from the start was that the plane had crashed, and most of the passengers died, and were in purgatory. Those on the plane but never mentioned when they found the plane's mandate were assumed to have survived, or passed straight into heaven.

I've always been fond of this theory, and took the final scene from the last ever episode to confirm just that - they didn't die on the island, they were dead when they got there, and as they made peace with themselves they re-died and went to heaven. When people have LEFT the island without dying (see Michael on his boat, at the end of season 3) I assume they have been saved in the real world.

In the last few seasons theres been lots of alternate realities, that have explored the 'what if's', but I think they are mostly designed to build bonds between viewer and character, as you see what they could have become if the plane never crashed.

It also clearly defines Jack as 'the self appointed leader' - in season 4 finale he 'had to go back' because he was worried about those he'd left behind, and at the very end, it was only when he KNEW that everyone else had made peace with their endings that he too was able to pass through purgatory himself.

It was also cool to FINALLY see Jack and Locke fight, even if it wasn't really Locke.
    When I watched the 'Lost in 8 minutes' thing, it showed them back from the island and known as 'the oceanic 6' Might not have been in the first 2 series but I definitely saw it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the last episode.

My take on it was....

I loved how it began and ended with Jack. It sort of made it his story although it began before and ended after his story began and ended if you see what I mean.

The plane crash and all that happened on the Island was real, including the flash forwards and the flash backwards some died there and some left and died probably many years later. For example Shannon died on the Island as did Libby, but Kate and Claire died many years later as they got off, So all that really happened.

Like Jack’s Dad said everyone dies.

This seasons alternative time line (the flash sideways) was a place they had all created where their souls could be held and exist after they had died so they could move into the afterlife all together. Their time on the Island was where they found their true family as was probably the most pivotal point in their lives. They all became better people and in many cases did selfless acts to benefit others. They became leaders; they took care of each other or simply just fell in love.

I think there personas in the alternative timeline was based on how deep down they felt about themselves – For example - Sawyer protected people; this probably came from wanting to save his Mum and Dad. Jack married with a son; this probably came from his own relationship with his Dad. Ben was a gentle teacher which allowed him to be a good father figure to his Daughter Alex ect...

I really loved the ending but I do still have questions.
    Charles Whitmore?????
    The Dharma Initiative????
    The Polar Bear?????
    The others???? <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Post Thanks / Like
    haven't had a chance to read all your replies but i thought it was pants and sloppy writing- i could have made that up ! LOL bit of a disapointment after 6 years tbh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast