Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The I've got a new iPad thread

Post Thanks / Like
    jeez leave the guy alone! unforgiving audience around here!

yeah that's the only shame, the pricing leaves much to be desired. You'd really hope that without the printing, distribution, setting out in a book shop which pays staff, shop costs, they'd be a bit cheaper wouldn't you? Of course, the "saving" is probably being eaten up by Apple's share.

As an aside, I'd PAY the price, but I really want them to work for the money. I'd like the books to be way more interactive taking advantage of the device with video/audio, images etc. and not just a text upload of the book
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 210804
    jeez leave the guy alone! unforgiving audience around here!

yeah that's the only shame, the pricing leaves much to be desired. You'd really hope that without the printing, distribution, setting out in a book shop which pays staff, shop costs, they'd be a bit cheaper wouldn't you? Of course, the "saving" is probably being eaten up by Apple's share.

As an aside, I'd PAY the price, but I really want them to work for the money. I'd like the books to be way more interactive taking advantage of the device with video/audio, images etc. and not just a text upload of the book
    I suppose I'll have to use one, but I just can't imagine ANY electronic device taking over normal books!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Neither did I until I used this. And that's the honest truth. You will love it Josh. Played with a kindle and didn't really like it much but I love this. If you want a new book just click and 2 seconds later there it is! The number of free books to try is genuinely impressive there are thousands. Reading Alice to the boys at bedtime and they love it and grimes fairy tails and aesops fables all withbtheir original drawings

The toy story read along is more what Keith is talking about with clips from the film colouring in and the ability forbyour kids to record their own voices reading the stories as well! I now have a copy of the book read my Matthew and it's great so it is possible

I admit I can't see Keith wanting colouring in though

Post Thanks / Like
    So how do you highlight important passages then, and make notes in the margins?

Plus, if I (well let's make that WHEN I) drop the conventional book in the tub, it get's wet and dries out, all wrinkly, but dry and useable... what happens when iDrop the iPad in the tub?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Well a really good ziplok bag might work but I wouldn't want to risk it if I'm honest

You can highlight passages and make notes i think plus you can highlight any word and it looks it up in the dictionary for you as well

I love books don't get me wrong the smell and the tactile experience. But equally a lot of my house if taken up with books that I have read ghat I can't bear to get rid of. I have 25 bookson my iPad now and they use up no space at all and I cannot adequately put to you how cool turning a page on an Ibook is

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent tried it enough to know, but if you can't yet, you will for sure be able to annotate properly and have it do OCR so you can even search your notes to find the page. *functionally* I truly doubt that you'll long for your paper books after the ipad gets into its stride.

I really believe it'll be like mp3 v albums. I look at my album collection, I love the smell, the look the record sleeves but in every other way the experience is less than mp3.

As for water proof
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 210826
    I admit I can't see Keith wanting colouring in though
    Given the stress of my day to day existance, you may well find me hiding in a cupboard colouring in on the ipad one day soon

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 210788
    Interestingly. On the I books search in the uk if you search for an author on the title page it comes up with a blank search result but if you first select fiction and then search they come up. Downloaded the first chapter of hitchhikers just to have it at 6.99 per book it isn't cheap as you can get a collection of all 5 for 10 pounds here now
    I am extremely grateful for this excellent piece of information.

But tragically, it doesn't work this way for me in the US store. Even changing the genre to Fiction yields almost exactly nothing.

But once again, l thank you for this most useful tip!

Tom (... in a bit of a Inspector Clouseau mood today!)

Post Thanks / Like
    It has to be a bug in the search engine otherwise why have a search window on the front page - boys were gutted at no lemony snicket, tapped fiction just before and bang they are all there bizzare

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the highlighting and note taking descriptions. Good to know.

That a water proof jacket there, Keith? That would work, eh?

I'm a clumsy oaf. Get the book in one hand, and reach for the champagne with the other and PLOP book ends up in the water...

Not that I'd leave off the champagne!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast