Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you miss

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently it's impossible, the Chinese food I mean.

Tea. They are just being lazy. There are actual tea shops here and they do know how to brew a proper pot of real tea. Getting a nasty cup is just pure laziness on the part of the restaurant and I've been known to send it back with specific directions for what I want to see come out of the kitchen.

Hey. If I want tea. I want TEA.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    tea and bread, why is the bread like nimble its full of air, i have to nail it down so it dont float away

other than that i miss nothing about the UK whatsoever or the UK itself
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Tea definitely. Even if we take our own it still never tastes right. Vegetables without a old of dressings and cadbury choklit

Post Thanks / Like
    Part of that is the water. :(

In NY, the majority of the drinking water there comes from a lime filtered natural aquifer. Nothing is as good, eh?

Florida? Treated swamp water for the most part.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 211143
    Tea definitely.
    planet hollywood. OK, not the best place to ask for tea I know they brought another server to try and decipher my request. I said "look, just a cup of hot tea with milk please". They went off, had a conference came back and said they didnt have the necessary machine to make tea.

Machine? Look folks, can I just have a cup of boiling water and I'll make mine own?

So then they decide if thats all it takes they can do that, so they bring a cup of warm water and a glass of milk

30mins later and I've made a cup of moderately acceptable liptons but come on, is it SO hard?

Even if we take our own it still never tastes right. Vegetables without a old of dressings and cadbury choklit
    I don't do anything green over here either so salad/vegetables are not missed by me, but DW loathes the dressings on that stuff in the states.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    oh and the water
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Find it very hard to get any veg or salad without any dressings, if you ask for them you get looked at like you are strange so we sometimes get carrot sticks off the kids menu for some fibre

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't get the dressings. I always make it clear that I don't want salad dressing of any kind. If it comes out with it, back it goes. I use a bit of lemon on my salad and that's it. I hate it swimming in nasty thick goo. Blech.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the tea is served at a certain temperature ( and coffee) to avoid law suits. Not kidding! At McDonalds a women spilled a cup and sued the pants off of them because she burned herself. You can buy tea in Epcot that is better but still not a big selection of brands. What brand do you drink normally drink all of you from across the pond? Our local Wegmans has a section of foods and teas from Ireland and England. Most people in the States do not serve their veggies that way, tha's why it's so odd that they do there. Except for TS, they must pre-make their salads for crowds. I always ask for dressing on the side

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 211137
    tea and bread, why is the bread like nimble its full of air, i have to nail it down so it dont float away

other than that i miss nothing about the UK whatsoever or the UK itself
    You have to come and visit us here if you want good bread and pizza! Actually we have very good food in general here. ( plus we'll take you to see the Falls!)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast