Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's my best option?

Post Thanks / Like
    If DW sees me typing this she'll sulk but August time is the only time I won't go. OK this is just me, loads of people, DW included, love those months.

I couldnt even venture outside without struggling to breathe, mouth full of bugs when I did, biting insects all over.

I remember making a REAL effort to go to the studios. I carried enough ice water and was well prepared nevertheless, waiting for the bus to come was awful. Finally got there and immediately bought one of those fans with water spray from outside the gates. Soon as I got it, I sprayed the water on my face and it felt like thousands of little pins sticking into my face.

Nope, not my time of year at all.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Those mister fans are the worst! You are already sweaty, sticky and downright wet. Those fans just add more water to your poor body and don't do anything to cool it off! Then you are stuck carrying the silly thing around.

Yep August (and July too, if we're being fair) is just not a nice month. This July is reportedly going to be quite nasty.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 211175
    If DW sees me typing this she'll sulk but August time is the only time I won't go. OK this is just me, loads of people, DW included, love those months.

I couldnt even venture outside without struggling to breathe, mouth full of bugs when I did, biting insects all over.

I remember making a REAL effort to go to the studios. I carried enough ice water and was well prepared nevertheless, waiting for the bus to come was awful. Finally got there and immediately bought one of those fans with water spray from outside the gates. Soon as I got it, I sprayed the water on my face and it felt like thousands of little pins sticking into my face.

Nope, not my time of year at all.

and people on here say last 2 weeks in august is a good time to go!!
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    oh joy!

Thanks for the great advice Tink.......not really what I wanted to hear though!!!

I only usually carry a teeny tiny bumbag with me for the day. Looks like I will be looking for something bigger so that I can have a survival kit!

Still looking forward to it though

Post Thanks / Like
    It's all personal preference, I'm not a sun worshipper at the best of times. December in Orlando is my perfect time whereas others would say it's too cold!

DW would go in August and absolutely love it
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    How is it at the end of November to the beginning of December? It's really cold at home sooo...? We want to make ressies to see the decorations, will we need shorts or pants lol?

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink's right about all this.

Florida in July and August can be brutal. The daily rains that seem to come at exactly noon and 5PM do absolutely nothing to cool things off. In fact, it's usually worse after them because the moment it stops raining, you'll see steam rising up from the pavement. Walking around in that is exactly like walking around in a sauna.

However, Love Bugs aren't usually an issue at that time of year. They emerge in the Spring and Fall, usually May and September and are most annoying if you're driving your own car the front end of which will be almost black from mowing down the annoying little critters.

Tom (... all steamed up!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 211196
    How is it at the end of November to the beginning of December? It's really cold at home sooo...? We want to make ressies to see the decorations, will we need shorts or pants lol?
    There's really no way to tell in advance. Since you're from western NY (Geneva, Canandaigua, Seneca Falls, Phelps?), you probably won't notice the cold like us Southerners do, but....

My DW and I used to go to WDW the day after Christmas and stay through New Years. There were years we went that there wasn't a day under 80 degrees. Other years, there wasn't a day above 55. There's just no way to tell. We finally gave up on trying to out guess it and started packing both our winter clothes and our summer clothes. Made for a lot of suitcases!

Tom (... hot, cold, hot, cold, who can tell?)

Post Thanks / Like
    I went end of November last year and our first few days were so cold I had to go and buy jumpers and then the rest of the holiday it was high 70's or low 80's....

Evenings cooled a bit so take a jacket

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 211178
    and people on here say last 2 weeks in august is a good time to go!!
    i thought it was perfect

weather wasnt that bad just the rain annoyed me
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast