Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do you...

Post Thanks / Like
    ... usually choose to get from the airport to your hotel/villa/condo?

We've always rented a car whenever we've been on holiday so driven, but I've heard some good things about the Disney Magical Express if you are staying on-site. What do you use?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We always use DME when we fly! We've always had good service.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually hire a car for the to and from, but I don't leave WDW once I'm there. I like that one person is waiting solely for me and once I arrive we are off.

Post Thanks / Like
    DME for sure!

However, this year, Virgin Holidays does not do DME anymore, this is only valid if you book via Disney Direct.

However, not all at lost! If you call Disney 30 days before you depart, they will be able to book you onto DME Yay!

Our travel agent will sort this out in August so will keep you all in the loop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never used DME but might look into it for next trip.

We always used to go to the AS resorts and use the coach transport put on by the airline, this usually meant waiting for ages in the coach whilst straggelers ambled onto the bus, after visiting the various stores in the airport then arriving at the resort and having to join a humungous queue.

The first tim,e we went with Lisas Mum to make it special we hired a limo and it was amazing to get off the plane and get directly into a car and arrive at the hotel within only a few minutes of landing

Since then we have always hired cabs, we are n't ever that botehred about shopping malls and spend 99% of the time onsite and use disney transport soa hire car would be an unnecessary worry for us

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 211748
    DME for sure!

However, this year, Virgin Holidays does not do DME anymore, this is only valid if you book via Disney Direct.

However, not all at lost! If you call Disney 30 days before you depart, they will be able to book you onto DME Yay!

Our travel agent will sort this out in August so will keep you all in the loop!
    I've been arguing with them about that very thing Jeff! Well I say arguing, rather more me just saying yeah yeah whatever They seem to be trying to insist we use virgin holidays coach instead of DME for absolutely no reason. As you say, as long as you have a reservation at a disney resort and are arriving at MCO, dme are not going to turn you away

Before DME we used to get a towncar and I must admit, price aside, I preferred the town car. I liked going only to our resort and perhaps a grocery stop on the way which was great for a few bits and pieces.

Having said that, DME collecting the bags from MCO is fantastic
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We always hire a car and drive ourselves but there is a service called Car on the Drive and they are often recommnded.

Here's the link:-

Car Hire Florida, Rental. Holiday Car Hire. Excellent Rates. Airport Pickup.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 211753
    We always hire a car and drive ourselves but there is a service called Car on the Drive and they are often recommnded.

Here's the link:-

Car Hire Florida, Rental. Holiday Car Hire. Excellent Rates. Airport Pickup.

Sandra
    Thats a really good idea actually! I'd hate to try and get familiar with everything at the airport, far better for it to be waiting at the villa
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    We've always used Dollar Car Hire so we pick the car up from the airport.

Post Thanks / Like
    We never hire a car, always use the transfers that virgin provide

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast