Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: welcome meetings, do we need to go?

Post Thanks / Like
    we've booked with virgin holidays and theyve said on the phone we must attend a welcome meeting on our first morning to register. Others who've gone have said they just try and sell you more tickets :(

will we lose out on anything if we dont go??

Post Thanks / Like
    You don't need to go unless you've bought passes as part of your package. They sometimes offer an incentive to go - turn up and claim your voucher for a free meal at Planet Hollywood but then they'll try and sell you even more tickets. Honestly I wouldn't bother.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will lose out on a morning of your holiday!

I have never been to a Florida welcome meeting - more important things to be doing and I always have everything I need before I go anyway.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    same here. unless you HAVE to go for anything specific I wouldn't bother!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went last time but that was just because there were other things we all wanted to do, my sister and family wanted to do the everglades trip, others wanted to do the balloon ride etc - have a look through the brochure/website and see if theres anything else you want to do whilst you are there, if not then dont bother going!

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to one on our trip to Hawaii and it was a terrible waste of time. I felt that our entire first morning was wasted being brow beaten into buying expensive excursions.

We didn't buy any there, and went on to have a wonderful self directed time!

If you don't have to go, then don't waste the time! (And don't fall for the free meal trick! That's what pulled us in...).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    this has just reminded me of the welcome meeting we went to in Corfu years ago.

We went along as we wanted to book some boat trips, it was around 10.30am and soooo hot, they brought around some delicious looking glasses of cloudy lemonade......which turned out to be Ouzo, at 10.30am!

Post Thanks / Like
    I never went to one and never felt the need to go....

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to one. It was a total waste of time and was just a chance for Virgin to flog excursions. Forgo it and get out into the parks instead!

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    We went to one once with our friends who had booked with an agent and it was a waste of a morning , as you are on here you obviously know what you are doing and dont need to go to a lecture on what theme parks there are in Florida.

We got a ticket for teh WORST cowboy show in the whole of Florida ever the brummy wyatt earp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast