Thread: It is possible to visit a disney resort or hotel we're not staying at?

Post Thanks / Like
    It is possible to visit a disney resort or hotel we're not staying at? we'd really like to see the polynesian but dont want to get into trouble and what do we say at the guard stations?

If we can, what are the dos and donts? I've already been shouted at elsewhere for asking could we use the pool so yes I know we cant do ~that~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MonorailMick, post: 212561
    I've already been shouted at elsewhere for asking could we use the pool so yes I know we cant do ~that~
    Oooh wonder where that was. :wink:

Yes you can visit a resort. If you tell the CM manning the parking lot booth you just want to have a look around they'll give you a parking pass for I think it is 2 hours.

No you can't use the pools. Basically if everyone who stayed at the All Stars decided to hit the pool at the Poly it would be dangerous and there'd be no room for the Poly guests. That's the non-shouty way of explaining it.

You can use the restaurants and any other pay for facilities like cycle rental and boat hire. Or you can just stroll around or chill out in their bars.

In fact I'd fully recommend a day touring the other resorts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep ,when we didn't have kids we often spent a whole day on the buses looking at the other resorts

TBH I have no idea how they would police the odd few people who wanted to have a dip in another hotels pool if you did it subtely enough

Post Thanks / Like
    At the Beach Club they check your room card before letting you in the pool area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah ok , well they dont at the Wilderness Lodge, or they haven't done ever as far as I can tell. Maybe they do at the more exciting pools

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ts really not worth the risk to do any unauthorised pool hopping IMHO.
    Imagine the embarrassment if one of the CM`s asked you to leave.

Post Thanks / Like
    at long last on our last trip we visited a disney resort hotel, the boardwalk, and i was gobsmaked how awesome it was, it was the first time id ever stepped foot onsite and loved it. will defo have to visit a few more next trip
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We particularly love to visit the various resorts during the Christmas season to see how they are all decorated.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Visiting resorts is a nice way to spend a day!

I've seen CMs at the Boardwalk pool check ID's and (quite unpleasantly) order a group of people to leave. I don't know how true it is, but it's reported to have a lot of non-guest traffic in their pool. I dislike the clown so can't imagine wanting to swim there on purpose!

Since the Polynesian was mentioned, that is our least favorite Deluxe pool. No hot tub, and that is one of the things we most enjoy. We aren't huge fans of the Poly overall, but it's well worth a stop by visit.

There are two groups of hotels that are easy to visit. The monorail resorts (that won't take you to the Wilderness Lodge, so be sure to save time to visit there. It's the nicest one in that area)! And the resorts on the lagoon just outside of EPCOT. You can walk the circle of resorts easily, having a good old browse in each one.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We love to visit the different resorts! But we always use WDW transportation, so it's not a problem....they just think that's your "home" base! It's especially easy on the monorail because you can visit 3 of the resorts pretty easily and maybe have a meal there if you plan ahead a bit. I like to visit the shop and see what interesting things may be there. And it is fun to just sit in the lobby and get the pulse of the resort and whether it is somewhere you may want to stay in the future.

Happy DVC Members since 1992! (OKW)