Thread: distance from to hawthorne suites to dtd

Post Thanks / Like
    hi
    can anyone tell me the distance between hawthorne suites on palm parkway to downtown disney
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Not far at all. If the area were set up for pedestrian traffic (and it's NOT) you could easily walk between the two.

From Downtown Disney you would travel along Hotel Plaza Blvd, until you come to the intersection with 535 (Crossroads) where you will take a LEFT and move to the right lane immediately. Palm Parkway is the very next RIGHT and Hawthorne Suites is along there.

Palm Parkway turns into Turkey Lake Road, just beyond the suites, and at the intersection of Turkey Lake and Sand Lake Roads is the newest Whole Foods Grocery Shop (with a huge selection of prepared foods). If at that intersection you take a RIGHT, you'll be headed to the Dr. Phillips area that I often talk about (with its wealth of lovely restaurants and some shops).

Hope that helps a bit. I'm terrible with distance, but I'd say that the Hathorne Suites are no more than 1-1/2 miles from DTD.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks tink

in your opinion do you think its worth having a car or would it be just as simple to get a taxi to dtd each day and use the buses

can you tell im really not looking forward to having a car lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    trace according to google earth its 2.6miles and 6mins by car
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Google Maps it is 1.8 miles so Tink is almost spot on.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    You won't be able to use the DTD buses to go directly to parks. You'd have to get a DTD bus, to a resort, then switch to a bus (or other transport available) going to the park that you want to visit.

It doesn't sound too bad, but it's a tedious time consuming way to travel.

If you want to travel to places offsite (and you just may really enjoy having your meals offsite) then you'll want a car. Although it's a short distance, those cabbies will eat up your money... and some won't want the short fare, so you could be standing around forever waiting on the greedy beggars.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I'd think it closer to your miles John, than your's Mick. Nearly three miles seems way too far. Seriously, you can walk there from DTD... again if it were set up to do so.

You could walk from Crossroads to DTD (I've done that before, no problem. There are sidewalks) but it's getting from the Hawthorne to Crossroads that would be dangerous. It's a heavily trafficked roadway and no sidewalks. I'd never recommend walking along the roadway there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 212613
    Yes, I'd think it closer to your miles John, than your's Mick. Nearly three miles seems way too far. Seriously, you can walk there from DTD... again if it were set up to do so.

You could walk from Crossroads to DTD (I've done that before, no problem. There are sidewalks) but it's getting from the Hawthorne to Crossroads that would be dangerous. It's a heavily trafficked roadway and no sidewalks. I'd never recommend walking along the roadway there.
    dont worry tink i dont plan to walk it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]