Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Le Cellier

Post Thanks / Like
    Le Cellier being made into a Disney Signature Dining experience.

If this does happen, I can imagine price increases and maybe a dress code.
    Anyone else heard anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    yep heard the same... varying dates from as soon as September 2010 although that seems early given the 180 ADRs (although it hasnt stopped them cancelling aDRs in the past)

Signature experience, menu change, price increase and of course 2 dining plan credits
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Since the dress code isn't enforced any way it probably won't matter. However, since it is in the park, I don't think they will have one. Bistro de Paris doesn't have one either I don't believe and it is head and shoulders above any other restaurant at EPCOT IMHO.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    If they do increase the prices more to a par with some of the other signature restaurants them hopefully it will make it easier to make a reservation.
    It may also cut down on the number of unruly children and their parents with a "couldn`t care less" attitude that I hear have been making life a misery for other diners there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 212851
    It may also cut down on the number of unruly children and their parents with a "couldn`t care less" attitude that I hear have been making life a misery for other diners there.
    Amen, brother. Amen!

Please explain to me how one puts a five year olds hands in time out?
    Just his hands mind you. The rest of him is free to kick the other diners as much as he'd like! :mad:

Tom (... they could stand to improve the service also!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Le Cellier will have to improve their food offerings and service before making it a signature restaurant.

Bistro does have a bit of a recommended dress code. Most guests do change from park attire before going there. I don't know of any place that enforces dress codes other than to ask a male guest to remove a ball cap (just happened over at the Yachtsman).

I think if dress codes are going to be enforced, then the restaurants have to measure up to a place that "deserves" a dress code. Otherwise, they should just be taken down as it's silly to have a policy that is not applied.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 212856
    I don't know of any place that enforces dress codes other than to ask a male guest to remove a ball cap (just happened over at the Yachtsman).
    I saw that happen at Artists Point one evening and the guy seemed very put out about it.
    Who are these folks? Maybe they should stick to McDonalds.

Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed! The person asked to remove his cap at YSH was quite put out about it too, and very rude (reportedly as per his dinner partner) for the remainder of the evening, not liking anything, blah, blah, blah.

If you don't want to remove your hat, fine! That is your "right" (where is that in the consitution, eh? ). Just recognize that the restaurant doesn't have to allow you in either.

Can you imagine "poor Disney?" They start with a simple request... Men remove hats upon entering the dining room... and get all sorts of unpleasant responses.

No wonder they don't enforce much of anything!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 212864
    I saw that happen at Artists Point one evening and the guy seemed very put out about it.
    Who are these folks? Maybe they should stick to McDonalds.
    absolutely!

There are any number of places to go and wear whatever, so why they feel the need to pollute the nice places is beyond me.
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 212864
    Maybe they should stick to McDonalds.
    Gawd, I wish they would. Let those of us who enjoy a fine dining experience actually enjoy it!

Tom (... I can has Cheezeburger?)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast