Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Le Cellier

Post Thanks / Like
    well we thought it was only average anyway and had really bad experience there so how they can class this as signature is behond me! i suppose it is a step up from chicken nuggets and fries but its by no way signature!
    just my own personal opinion sorry

Post Thanks / Like
    No need to apologise. That`s the view of several folk who have dined there recently.
    Hopefully they will improve things if this plan goes ahead.

Post Thanks / Like
    i really just think it has been hyped up i just laughed and said i think i am becoming a snob

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink, count me in as one who does not wear standard park attire to Bistro. It is too nice of a restaurant for that. We go back and change.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 212879
    i really just think it has been hyped up i just laughed and said i think i am becoming a snob

Well then we both are. I agree with your summation of Le Cellier. It used to be really wonderful and I do mean years ago. It's still riding on the coattails of that reputation.

Signature smignature!

John, we do too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by daveann, post: 212873
    well we thought it was only average anyway and had really bad experience there so how they can class this as signature is behond me! i suppose it is a step up from chicken nuggets and fries but its by no way signature!
    just my own personal opinion sorry
    oh no need to be sorry!!! and I agree for what it's worth.

I remember dining there in dec 2001. The whole park was very quiet of course after the awful events, so a little exceptional but the cms were brilliant to us. The experience was superb, the food mouthwatering and everything just great.

Since then it's been getting more and more busy and everything else has gone downhill.

I know it's not exactly the restaurant's fault, but the point about unruly kids is well made. Again, not gonna win any friends with this one but I feel like the dining plan 1 credit thing encouraged a load of people who wouldn't normally dine in that kind of place to book it :/ as a result, dress and basic manners became nothing but a fond memory.

Obviously I'm not generalising everyone who has the dining plan and heck I've had it myself! but it's a working theory as to why some of these really nice places have gone downhill so quickly
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I entirely agree with those comments Keith.

Post Thanks / Like
    That and the fact that the Dining Plan now seems to have turned it into "jam 'em in and get 'em out".

I really lament the old days when you could actually get ADR's almost anywhere on the day you wanted to dine. And the dining was delightful!

Sigh...

Tom (... dining snob. And proud of it!)

Post Thanks / Like
    ....and I agree with those sentiments too!
    Also, many of the CM`s who work in the restaurants are not in favour of that pesky DP.
    Ah well, such is progress I suppose.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 212896
    Ah well, such is progress I suppose.
    This is obviously some definition of "progress" with which I am not familiar!

Tom (...stuck in the past!)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast