2 cups chicken stock
    12 oz. grated white cheddar, Canadian Black Diamond
    3 dashes Tabasco
    1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
    1/2 cup Canadian Ale, room temperature
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 TB thinly sliced chives
    Method:
    1. Cook the bacon in a large heavy-bottomed, non-reactive soup pot over medium heat until wilted but not browned.
    2. Add onions, celery and carrots and cook until the onion is translucent and bacon has crisped.

3. Sprinkle in flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Stir in milk and stock, a little at a time, blending well to ensure there are no lumps. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes.

4. Remove from heat and whisk in cheese, Tabasco, Worcestershire and ale. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
    I'm going to try it this weekend but I'm going to remove the bacon and subsitute the chicken stock for vegetable stock to make a vegetarian version I'm also going to replace the canadian ale for veggie white wine.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I think your revisions to the recipe sound great, Josh. I'm not a fan of this soup, so removing that overpowering bacon will be a good start. I don't much care for cheddar (unless it's English cheddar ) so that's part of the problem too.

This soup has always tasted sour and smokey to me. Not appetizing tastes at all.

Let us know how your revisions turned out! I just might try to make it "Josh Style."

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    There`s far to much there for one person Josh...so are ya gonna share it with us?

Post Thanks / Like
    I can understand the using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock, but using wine instead of ale is sure to totally alter the taste. Would love to try your version. Of course, as Tink says about the English cheddar, I'm sure that is what you will be using right?

I quite like Le Cellier's version myself. However, I consider Canadian Cheddar to be almost as good as English Cheddar.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 212868
    There`s far to much there for one person Josh...so are ya gonna share it with us?
    I'll send some over in an envelope... you might not get too much though

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 212885
    I can understand the using vegetable stock instead of chicken stock, but using wine instead of ale is sure to totally alter the taste. Would love to try your version. Of course, as Tink says about the English cheddar, I'm sure that is what you will be using right?

I quite like Le Cellier's version myself. However, I consider Canadian Cheddar to be almost as good as English Cheddar.
    Most ale isn't vegetarian as they purify it with isinglass which comes from fish. Certain wines are be vegetarian though
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take an envelope full too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 212853
    Here is the recipe for the Cheddar Cheese & Bacon soup at Le Cellier;
    I am new on this site, I love all the recipes, especially this one, my family and will be traveling to Disney in May, and have made reservations at Le Cellier, we all are looking forward to trying this soup in advance of the trip. Thnak you for sharing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yummmmm I love this soup with the bread sticks....MORE breadsticks please!
    People who say money doesn't buy happiness...don't know where to shop!

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a veggie, I've never tried it... So I'll have to sample some of yours!