Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Hospital Yesterday

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 216021
    thx tinker

oh the coughing drives me insane, makes me vomit too. i dont think i could stand that for the rest of my natural....sometimes the whole thing just oes my head it, it really does..its hard as i have to put on a brave face here, its ok they say yeah we understand, but they dont really no one can unless they experience it themselves. i try and stay positive but its very hard sometimes, not being able to do what you want or used to do :(

one thing i dont do is look for sympathyfrom my family or anyone really just a bit of consideration at home knowing i cant always do what they want me to do
    What do you miss the most Mick? I miss running and not being able to be as active anymore. Everything tires me out . It's hard to stay positive isn't it when you know there are things that need doing.Will be praying for a quick recovery and hoping it will be better than you expect.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 216131
    What do you miss the most Mick? I miss running and not being able to be as active anymore. Everything tires me out . It's hard to stay positive isn't it when you know there are things that need doing.Will be praying for a quick recovery and hoping it will be better than you expect.
    i miss just being able to walk without getting breathless. i really miss doing the carpentry, last thing i did was fit my kitchen, thats out the window now too exhausting doing that. when at disney the rides, im a ride junkie i have to do everything

getting people in to decorate for me and watching them do an inferior job that id do. the caretaker at the school is one, wifes friend painted over my finished woodwork that had its last coat already so i had to do it again...its never ending
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    funding has been approved for the equipment and the drugs so ive booked to go in on the 12th july, well ive go to get my new car on the 6th 1st havent i . its the 1st 2 weeks of the school holiday so it gives me 7 weeks to get used to it before we go back.
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 217749
    funding has been approved for the equipment and the drugs so ive booked to go in on the 12th july, well ive go to get my new car on the 6th 1st havent i . its the 1st 2 weeks of the school holiday so it gives me 7 weeks to get used to it before we go back.
    you'll have a little taster of your new car which you've waited so long for before you have the op - then you'll be so eager to get back to it that recovery will hopefully take no time at all.
    Just know we will all be thinking of you when the time comes and are here for you before, after and during the hospital stay.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 217775
    you'll have a little taster of your new car which you've waited so long for before you have the op - then you'll be so eager to get back to it that recovery will hopefully take no time at all.
    Just know we will all be thinking of you when the time comes and are here for you before, after and during the hospital stay.
    thx diane

recovery isnt the problem that takes time its the training with the pump, programming it, getting the drug in without bubbles. mixing the drug right as its in powder form etc

am looking forward to getting the car tho thats for sure ;)
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that it will be easier than you think it will be. Do you have anyone living at home with you to help?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 217841
    I think that it will be easier than you think it will be. Do you have anyone living at home with you to help?
    yeah the OH and kids, cant ask them tho

tbh id rather do it myself...less hassle
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 217842
    yeah the OH and kids, cant ask them tho

tbh id rather do it myself...less hassle
    OH ? What does OH stand for?

Post Thanks / Like