Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TWO WEEKS OF MAYHEM

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1066, post: 214108
    Looking for advice s sometimes things get overlooked or sometimes you just don't know about something. Keep'm'coming. It will probably change again anyway. As I said earlier waiting to hear how mucu a three day extension will be.
    Then its going to be how to fill it. Coast for a few days. Which side. Daytona or St Petes
    Saint Petes!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    We having our wedding vows renewed at St Peters I think....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deafjeff, post: 214334
    We having our wedding vows renewed at St Peters I think....
    You think its on St Petes or you think your renewing your wedding vows

Post Thanks / Like
    I notice that you mention DHS and Fireworks in the same day. What fireworks? To the best of my knowledge DHS doesn't do fireworks. Only MK and EPCOT. Now there are some very limited fireworks at Fantasmic at DHS if that is what you are talking about.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 214232
    Bass Pro Shops are worth a visit, but really Festival Bay is pretty much a ghost mall.

Plan on most malls closing by 9:00 pm and earlier on Sundays. That way you won't be caught short.

I'm an Atlantic ocean person so will direct you to the east coast. The Gulf could very easily be unpleasant with the oil spill. The beaches of Pensacola are already affected and the oil is moving south.

You may want to venture off Disney property for some meals. You'll find nicer food, better service and less costly prices.
    Never even considered the oil, and only planning one Disney dinner. Where on the east coast, Daytona or Miami. Heard Miami is a bit grubby??? Poss being too fussy, always done the Sarasota and that area which we loved

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 214361
    I notice that you mention DHS and Fireworks in the same day. What fireworks? To the best of my knowledge DHS doesn't do fireworks. Only MK and EPCOT. Now there are some very limited fireworks at Fantasmic at DHS if that is what you are talking about.
    Yes it was fantasmic. Didn't know how often and dates. Wasn't too exited at Epcots probably seen too many times. Do we how to find out when there on at DHS

Post Thanks / Like
    Miami is a loooong ride from Orlando. I love South Beach though and would tell you to visit there if you could.

Closer is of course, Daytona. I prefer Cocoa Beach, but remember I go for quiet, not for something to do. So with that in mind, Daytona Beach will give you options of things to do. Another little gem is New Smyrna Beach.

There is a new fireworks show on at MK for this summer. You may want to catch that if you are there during that time frame.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Not sure we're going to make it to coast now, not extending holiday. But advice fom others to fill days with parks cut the days a tad shorter and shop afterwards. Seems like a plan.

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking a break during the heat of the day is going to help you enjoy your holiday a bit more. Our summer seems to be here with a vengeance. The temperature yesterday (and I'm in Jacksonville now, the very northeast of FL) was 105 with the heat index. It really saps your energy fast to be moving around outdoors in that sort of heat. Keep in mind that the temperature in the parks generally feels ten degrees hotter than the actual air temperature, and you can see why you'll want a break!

Cocoa Beach is a short ride from the Central Florida region. If you'd just like to pop over to the Atlantic side for a portion of a day, that would be pretty do-able. (Same for Daytona Beach, about an hour all told from Central Florida).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 215978
    Cocoa Beach is a short ride from the Central Florida region. If you'd just like to pop over to the Atlantic side for a portion of a day, that would be pretty do-able. (Same for Daytona Beach, about an hour all told from Central Florida).
    Sounds pretty awesome. Do like the idea of a break from it all and get a bit of sand between the toes.
    Thanks for the input to everyone

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast