Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm fed up of all this fox nonsense

Post Thanks / Like
    Every day in the papers there seems to be a new piece calling for the urban fox population to be culled.

I'm sick to death of people over exaggerating and using words like "murdered 2 children." Whilst I can't even being to understand the grief that the poor children's parents must be facing, I still think people are being ridiculous in their methods to prevent this sort of thing.

Today a paper called for them to be culled.
    There has been 3 foxes that have killed humans in the past 20 years. Two of those cases where discredited as fox attacks. In the past year alone there has been at least 20x more cases of domesticated animals killing humans.

The papers are simply looking at ways to get around the population to sway them to allow fox hunting again and they are shifting their own blame. If humans didn't offer food to these WILD animals, and the council actually did there job and improved waste disposal & sanitation facilities then the foxes wouldn't be in urban areas.

And I'll get off my soap box now.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Your more than welcome to stand on that soap box for as long as you like, I also feel for the poor children and family involved in the horrible incident but as you have said more people are killed or hurt by family pets than by foxes.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzy, post: 215069
    Your more than welcome to stand on that soap box for as long as you like, I also feel for the poor children and family involved in the horrible incident but as you have said more people are killed or hurt by family pets than by foxes.
    It's the attitude towards them that they have that annoys me. The foxes are attracted to urban areas from the times when people thought it was trendy to have one in your garden and openly offered them food. Now the councils offer such poor bin collection (In our house there are 4 adults and 1 baby, we have a normal sized bin & a small recycle bin and it only gets taken once a fortnight) that we are attracting more and more foxes.

Why do they take the approach to cull the foxes? In my opinion it's a case of them finding the cheapest, 'loudest' way for them to do 'justice' for the family. I totally do feel awful for the parents, it must have been the most traumatic experience ever. I could 100% understand if they personally took out a vendetta against foxes in urban areas.

I really can't get across how awful I feel for the family, and I realise that it must seem that I'm not being sympathetic to them, but I don't see why we should take this out on the animals as usual. I sometimes much prefer animals to the human race
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I hear ya joshp. Our area has become overrun with bears . The governors solution, bear hunting . Its like WTH , we took their land from them by the builders of these new luxurious homes that now sit empty .

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally agree Josh

Post Thanks / Like
    It's funny you mention this Josh. I just saw a story about foxes in the UK on my local news just this week. They showed them walking into stores and on the subway and stuff. The story made it sound as if they are just walking into peoples homes.
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    I still have my doubts about whether or not it was a fox - if it is I honestly believe it will be the first case ever, if it is it will have been an attack in defence and the fox would have been scared to death and been trying to escape.

it is not an excuse for genocide, it should prompt people to better understand the animals

of course i feel for the family, but in tru british style, hysteria pours forth

to do my bit we have been putting out food for our vixen everynight since this broke

Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard a report on the news that black bears are being hunted for much the same reason... too many instances of them being in too close proximity of humans. :(

I don't have a real answer, but it can't be killing off defenseless animals, can it?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Precisely. It makes me despair

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast