Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you people watch at the parks?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever take a little time out to just sit back and take in your surroundings and end up people watching?

I do - and you often see things that make you happy to be right there at that moment.

Like the time a little girl of around 4 years old got so excited to see a real live princess that she just flung herself at Cinderella and cried into her gown before sobbing that she loved her.

Or the proud look on a father's face as he watches his son give another child a cuddle because they dropped their Mickey ice cream before handing over his own treat.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do enjoy people watching. It's like a little peek into other people's vacations.

Post Thanks / Like
    we do all the time can be quite funny :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    love to people watch, I don't do alot of the rides so I'm always sitting and waiting and watching......(evil laugh !)

Post Thanks / Like
    Huge, huge, HUGE people watcher...especially when we're on one of our "adult only" trips. I can sit and "watch" for HOURS. My favorite places are any country in the World Showcase or on a bench in front of the castle. I always joke and say it's "one of my favorite rides"

This past trip, we dined at 1900 Park Fare and I sat so long watching one little princess that I finally made small talk with the parents lest they fear I was stalking her! She was the CONSUMMATE princess though...all dressed up as Cinderella...glass (read: shiny plastic) slippers and ALL.

At one point Prince Charming came by and she asked him to dance with her...as they were dancing her little shoe came off and, sure enough, the handsome prince bent down, picked up the shoe and slipped it back on to her tiny little foot. Seriously? I cried like a baby!

Then there was the table in front of them...a very weary mom and dad seemingly JUST trying to get through the evening with three very excited girls...the youngest, still in a high chair, had little to no interest in the characters...until the Prince approached. He stood just to the left of her highchair and introduced himself, bowing low and smiling...and she was enraptured! She couldn't stop smiling at him!!! Dad quickly grabbed his camera and then in the SINGLE SILLIEST MOVE I'VE SEEN....ordered her to "LOOK AT THE CAMERA!!!!"

WHAT!?!? NO!!! Don't look at the camera!!! Looking at the camera is BORING!!! Look at the shot you're missing!!! Your princess looking adoringly at Prince Charming in happy abandon...YOU DON'T MISS THAT SHOT BY ORDERING HER TO LOOK AT THE CAMERA!!!

For a moment there I thought I'd actually said it aloud. Thank goodness I didn't! They might have revoked my people watching license :)

Post Thanks / Like
    People watching is THE reason I go to WDW! I can watch people all day long. I like to try and figure out who they are and where they might be from by their clothing, what they have with them, ect.

Years ago when living and working in NYC, a friend and I used to see how many accents we could guess correctly. It's kind of the same with People watching, but of course I don't go up to folks to check out if my "theory" is right.

I love people, and having such a great opportunity to watch them is wonderful.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I love wdw with all my heart and the one piece advice I gove people when they ask me what to do there is they haven't been is to sit down for half an hour at least and just watch. Totally awesome

Oh and you have to make up names for people too

'mr shouty man' 'hot and grumpy lady' etc :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I do the same, I like seeing people face lit up when they really enjoying themselves.

The best place for me to do this is the writer? Cafe at HS. Quite often bird come flying in the cafe and I was waiting for cast member to shoo them out but no! They just treat them as one of the guest! Perhaps bit better than humans!

I love watching the bird in the cafe as they can be quite funny to watch!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 215357
    love to people watch, I don't do alot of the rides so I'm always sitting and waiting and watching......(evil laugh !)
    i couldnt do any rides last trip for the first time and it gave me time to really sit and people watch, thats how i got a photo of our very own slowhand lookalike at the hulk
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 215402
    i couldnt do any rides last trip for the first time and it gave me time to really sit and people watch, thats how i got a photo of our very own slowhand lookalike at the hulk
    It's almost better than the rides isn't it?! I've met some really nice people sitting and waiting. It almost always makes me feel better about wearing shorts too LOL! The things people wear, wow!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast