Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jamies bike's been stolen

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 215897
    Wow, Mairead that's just flat out wrong. So, the police couldn't call around and have a nosey? They need some sort of proof? Isn't Jaime's Da a policeman?

What is a toe rag?

I sure hope the boy gets his bike back, and without damage.
    I would take a guess and say a worthless pice of junk!! But Mairead will clarify I'm sure SisterTink!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mairead, I'm so sorry

Injustice is one of the hardest things by far to tolerate isn't it...

Hope something get's sorted soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    toe-rag - The definition derives from old England where convicts used to tie bits of shirt around their toes and feet as a make shift sock, hence "toe rag" means scoundrel, criminal, thief, indencent/unlawful person etc. It is sometimes seen spelt Tow Rag because the original context has long since been obsolete.

Post Thanks / Like
    Trouble is that if the police (yes Tink hubby is one) go round there with no proof he would just deny it and get rid asap.

Hubby did make a few enquiries yesterday whilst at work but didn't come up with anything. I think the info from the lad over the back, plus the enquiries the boys made yesterday are half the job done.

All they need now is proof.

The fact that the bike shop owner saw a bike 'like' Jamies is not proof that it actually was his, same goes for the info from the lad who saw him with a bike 'like' jamies.

What we need is for the police to see him on it or with it, or for him to admit he took it....and that's not going to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the definition! I did get the general impression that toe rag was not a good thing, but having the background for the term helps. Here there is a term, "do rag" that refers to a tight scarflike head covering worn by some. 'Do being a reference to Hairdo... so I was kind of picturing this little scarf thing on someone's toe! Rather like you describe after all.

Ah, I see. I was hoping the police could pay a visit and have a look around the theif's premises, but not without better evidence, eh?

How is Jaime doing? He must be pretty upset. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 215977
    Thank you for the definition! I did get the general impression that toe rag was not a good thing, but having the background for the term helps. Here there is a term, "do rag" that refers to a tight scarflike head covering worn by some. 'Do being a reference to Hairdo... so I was kind of picturing this little scarf thing on someone's toe! Rather like you describe after all.

Ah, I see. I was hoping the police could pay a visit and have a look around the theif's premises, but not without better evidence, eh?

How is Jaime doing? He must be pretty upset. :(

erm, what time is it for you Tink .....bed time?

Jamie is ok, just annoyed really. the lad who borrowed it is going to give him the money to cover a new one. i do feel rotten about that, but he is 20 and working, and was responsible for it i guess. If he hadn't borrowed it the bike would have been safely tucked away in the garage instead of in his yard at work so fair's fair i guess.

trouble is I kow if they could act faster we'd have had a good chance of getting it back so he wouldn't have to pay out for it. I know he feels really awful about it.

ah well, live and learn....

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, I keep spelling Jamie's name incorrectly. :(

At least the boy who borrowed it is making good. He must feel pretty bad that it happened when he had the bike. I know I would.

It's early here. Woke at 2:30. Gotta' love my sleep "habit" huh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 215998
    I'm sorry, I keep spelling Jamie's name incorrectly. :(

At least the boy who borrowed it is making good. He must feel pretty bad that it happened when he had the bike. I know I would.

It's early here. Woke at 2:30. Gotta' love my sleep "habit" huh?

oh i know that habit well thankfully i'm out of it at the moment! my time was always 3.30-4am ish and that was me wide awake!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    omg what a scumbag...sorry to hear that M hope someone sees him on it follows him then takes it back if he leaves it or something like that.
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast