Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best way to get a tan?

Post Thanks / Like
    OK ok I know its weird to ask but I want to get a tan safely I hope. what do you all use ? there are ones that say factor 5 or 10 which should be good but a lady in boots stopped me and said I should be getting 40 how will I get a tan with a 40 factor cream

any suggestions?

oh and do people reserve sun beds with towels at disney pools like in other places or is it first come first served?

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Factor 30 when we first arrive and then Factor 15 but I never go very brown which is odd as my hair is very dark.

I put Factor 50 on the boys and yet they still go a bit darker, so it's all strange in our house - who knows how it works.

Piz Buin have half price offer in lots of shops at the moment and I think it's a very good brand.

I would definately start with 30 or higher as it really is hot and if you burn it will ruin your holiday and your health)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    i use a 12-15 then down to 4 or 5 as i dont burn just straight brown over there
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Factor 30 or 40 - depends on your skin and how you tan.....you should start with a higher factor then reduce to maybe 15.

when i was young i would go for the 4 or 5 but i'm older and wiser now!

Post Thanks / Like
    There's no such thing as a safe tan.

Factor 50 in our house for everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never less than factor 50 for all of us either. Even then DH and the boy go a lovely colour. The girls and I stay pale and interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 216808

No such thing.

If you want color with no risk then you might want to look into a sunless tanner or maybe a spray tan.

Post Thanks / Like
    And I have no luck with a spray tan or those creams either! I always look a hot mess!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 216808

Completely agree and the same here - although the kids have to have factor 30 as the only sunscreen that doesn't give them a rash is factor 30 but they reapply and reapply and keep covered.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I've actually tanned through sunscreen when I was out in the direct sun all day.

Go for the safe thing. Make sure that you have a high SPF factor, a non-greasy, non-sticky brand (we like Neutrogena's Ultra) that you reapply throughout the day. Putting it on once is not going to be feasible in Florida.

You may be quite surprised to find a change of skin color, or you may not have a change. Protecting your skin is the key, regardless of what depth of color your skin has or doesn't have, to begin with.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast