Thread: what kind of camera lens for disneyworld?

Post Thanks / Like
    so I have a small camera but it doesnt zoom in very well. I asked at the shop but they were saying you cant have it both ways so you can see a lot and then zoom in really tight.

So for general disney world photographs what would be a good camera and lens or do I need to buy one of the big cameras and a couple of lenses?

Post Thanks / Like
    I wouldn't by a DSLR *just* for a holiday, because you need to learn to use it a little bit before hand, however, if you take pictures regularly (Even just of the family) then I'd get one

Different lenses aren't cheap but the results are stunning

What camera do you have at the minute?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    hmmm, a very very difficult question, depends on how serious about photography you are, what sort of pics you want and how much you want to spend

up until now I have just wanted atmospheric shots of the kids and a general memory

for those I was more than happy with a good point and click digictal camera witha nice big memory card

zoom sounds great but you have to ask yourself what do you really want it for - you need the subject in context and that usualy means less zoom

Post Thanks / Like
    you could get a DSLR and use it on auto if your holiday is pretty close, if not then you will have time to practice. you can just get a good canon camera and the newer ones i think have a pretty good kit lens and then get one with a better zoom

it really depends on how much of a budget you have
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008