Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eggciting

Post Thanks / Like
    So we've got another 8 weeks of my terrible yolks... Yanni laid 5 eggs today which are 'cooking' in the incubator now

I did get a lot of it on video this time but the batteries on the flip video camera went dead just as she started laying! I got a good vid of her constructing the nest though!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Awww, I loved the reports the last time josh . How are the latest batch of sweet squirts doing ? Can you send me one ? Seriously, I love turtles/tortoise .

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome. Truly truly epic. So excited for you and us again

Post Thanks / Like
    I want to breed something! Seriously though can we vote to name the babies? Purlease

Post Thanks / Like
    These have to go to new homes so I am NOT naming them!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    [YOUTUBE]URwWY_jmLJQ[/YOUTUBE]
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh wow. How incredible is that?! Thank you for taking us into a world many of us would otherwise not see, Josh!

I hope Yanni is doing well! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Yanni is great :D She's a natural For tortoises, the hardest part is picking a suitable nest site and then their work is over.

She's obviously been waiting for the good weather to lay them though
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Post Thanks / Like
    Why is there a sheet of plastic over her area?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 217744
    Why is there a sheet of plastic over her area?
    That's the greenhouse cloche. It's inside their enclosure and it just provides an area which is a bit warmer than the rest of the enclosure when the weather is a bit cooler.

It's getting a bit tatty as they all decided to rip holes in it to get in and out, but it still does it's purpose so I'll just replace it when it doesn't any more
    It looks like this (When it hasn't been nearly destroyed by the tortoises);
    Follow Me on Pinterest

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast