Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I give up

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone has already said what was on my mind, so I will just send along some for support. You shouldn't have to deal with this time and time again. I hope it all gets worked out soon :(

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally agree with what Johnie stated above . You are a GREAT Mum ! And as I told you in NYC , God only gives his special angels to special Mums & Dads . The strength you have is remarkable . I hope you can get this sorted .

Post Thanks / Like
    Yet another hurdle that shouldn't be happening for you and Beth to get over - but you will do it. No, it shouldn't be happening and I sometimes wish I could take some of the stress out of your life for you both but all I can do is offer an ear to listen and plenty of

Post Thanks / Like
    It's always the people that least deserve it that get a bad deal. All I can send is and and hope things get better for you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle, sorry you are going through all this.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all. It's great to have listening ears and lots of hugs.

I found out today that social services went into school and did some assessment on Beth without us knowing. School apparently said mum's away and they said we know but this can not wait. I have tried to phone today but no one around to talk to me, surprise surprise. I will keep on until I get answers.

She was assessed but apparently they were given the wrong information on her needs and apparently does not meet their criteria. I think SS lied to get her in their as they have no provision for young adults with complex needs. Then if the home got on with her they would have sent more there like Beth that are due to leave childrens respite. I am now guessing it's also down to funding and social care want health to take over her needs. This will be a nightmare as although she has medical needs her social needs out way them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh Michelle, i just have no idea what to say.....i can't believe it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Michelle.

First, I have to say this. You have DONE NOTHING to bring any of this into your life. Nothing. If it were not for you, imagine the life beautiful Beth would be leading. :( You keep her world safe, advocate for her rights, and advocate that her needs be served (HER needs, not some random tick list of services).

I give you my word that I fully realize that some days you must just want to not have to deal with anything at all that is problematic. That you keep going, and going so strongly attests to how passionate you are about not only your child (of course) but improving the system of services and care for the disabled.

I'm sorry your kitties are having trouble!

I sure do wish we could "do more" than share words and emoticons, but they are valid expressions of our concern and caring for you and your family.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    A bit of an update.

We have a meeting in school on monday and have managed to get most of them to attend.

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast