Thread: Breakfasts on the disney dining plan

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all,

I am just wondering how breakfasts work with the dining plan? I am visiting the world as solo traveller who isn't fussy when it comes to food and wont have to worry about others tastes! Im not sure which resort I will be staying at yet but I will be visiting each of the 4 parks during my visit.

Can you use a quick service or table service credit for breakfast? Would you recommend having a bigger breakfast and then a snack for lunch or are lunches better value than breakfasts on the plan? Where are good places to eat breakfast either in parks or resorts?

I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has used the Disney dining plan and what they did for breakfasts.

Many thanks in advance for your responses,

Amy
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Amy,

I'm not a big breakfast eater so have tended to use my dining credits for lunch/dinner.

Here is the 2010 dining brochure

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/med...2010Dining.pdf

You can use a TS credit and go to a sit down breakfast. 2TS credits if you want to do Cinderella's Royal Table.

With the CS credit, you get entree, and 2 drinks. I don't think that's a very good use of the credit personally.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you very much for the pdf link Johnie. I hadn't yet stumbled across that - super!
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like
    We do the same. We use our QS credit for lunch and pay out of pocet for breakfast. Where are you staying and when are you going?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am looking to travel to the world on the 22nd Jan 2011 and stay for 7 nights. Not sure on resort yet - still doing some calculations! I would ideally like to be close to Epcot though as I expect to spend 2 days there during my stay and they have so many dining options.

Where do you eat breakfast when you pay out of pocket? Your resort? I guess this is the most obvious option. Which resorts have good breakfast options?
    Amy

Post Thanks / Like
    I think all the CS resort locations typically have the same breakfast offerings.

MK- the Main Street Bakery has a wonderful ham and cheese croissant

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    We generally do eat breakfast at the resort but once or twice during the trip we may splurge and eat at a different resort like Kona's at the Polynesian for breakfast or do a buffet at the Crystal palace or Chef mickeys at the Contemporary. Wilderness Lodge has a breakfast at WCC as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cape May has a wonderful breakfast buffet. Many people like Boma for breakfast (another buffet option) too.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We did the Tusker House breakfast at AK this past trip. It's a character meal and very similar to Boma's breakfast. I enjoyed it a lot.

You can also get the Tonga Toast from Kona down in the counter service place at the Poly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ohanas has a TS character breakfast with Lilo, Stitch and Mickey . I love the ham & chesse croissant at the Main St MK bakery . Boardwalk resort bakery is also good .
    Amy, Johnie is our resident TA . There is no fee for using her agency . She can help you get the best deal for your money . Once a special is released she can call & apply it to your reservation .