Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: i cant sleep

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 217374
    27th june will now be a really emotional day as im doing race for life
    it will be too....glad your going to see him on sunday, as tink said your not going to say goodbye just going to see him and show that you love him and show your support
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 217377
    it will be too....glad your going to see him on sunday, as tink said your not going to say goodbye just going to see him and show that you love him and show your support

i havent managed to speak to my mum or nan yet .....the words just wont come out.......thou i will ring tomorrow morning

at the moment im back to being 10 sat in his garden popping the pea's out the pods that he grew
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 217378
    i havent managed to speak to my mum or nan yet .....the words just wont come out.......thou i will ring tomorrow morning

at the moment im back to being 10 sat in his garden popping the pea's out the pods that he grew
    thats understandable trace, the news has totally knocked you for six, it affects everyone different, and its like youve gone back to the happy times you spent with him. its a very hard time when you first get the news

i used to drive down to the home my dad was in every night in clacton just to sit with him, i just couldnt let him see i was breaking my heart inside
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 217378

OMG, Tracy. This has struck me harder than you'd ever imagine. My beloved Grandfather grew peas (among other vegetables and flowers) and he used to let me go in the garden and pick the peas and eat them fresh right there.

My Grandfather's birthday was yesterday. Many years gone but still in my heart, strong as ever.

I am so very sorry that he has cancer. You know if wishes could change things...

You'll be there for him, and shower him with your love. That's the gift from you to him and he to you now, the everlasting love.

If you ever need me, just let me know.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    we are all here for you Tracey .

Post Thanks / Like
    How old is he Trace, you sound blessed to have him as your grandfather. I lost mine when I was 11 and never knew my other grandfather. he died before i was born. I still have happy memories of my grand-dad. I wish I had the time to know him as an adult. Prayers for your family to get you through the hard days ahead.

Post Thanks / Like

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    well ive managed to phone both mum and nan ....

nan said we'll know today how advanced it is and i suppose some sort of time limit

she also said he has asked her to take apple crumble and custard in for him today

now i know where i get my love of cakes and puddings from

going to the hospital on sunday even if i only nip in for 5 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Bring him a sweet! Anything he can manage to eat at this time is good. Getting the calories in, rather than being concerned where the calories come from is the focus.

You are a beautiful, strong woman Tracy. You will walk this road with your Grandfather, and be there with your love for him each step of the way. It's your permanent gift to him, and what a beautiful one it is. Many a Grandfather doesn't have the love of a granddaughter, eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast