Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amazing HIV news

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa is currently attending a course and yesterday the following amazing facts came up

1. There is now a morning after pill if you have a known exposure within 72 hours and so far NOONE has gone onto develop the infection after having it!!

2. The life expectancy if you have HIV is now the same as someone who is not infceted in this country and interestingly BETTER than average in France!!

Used to work in an infectious diseases unit and these are truely stunning developments

now the trick will be to get all those treatments where they are really needed in Africa

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, truly, truly amazing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, stunning facts! Thank you

Nicki

Post Thanks / Like
    truly is amazing news
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, in Africa. A long held dream of mine is to (win that stinking lottery of course and) set up a foundation in Africa that treats the disease as it is today (rampant) and brings good preventative medicine and procedures to the country.

Dreams, eh?

Excellent news Doc. Thanks for sharing this with us. Gives me a bit of hope!

I heard a news report of a study recently completed that shows stress as a correlation to the increase in severity of the disease. The most scientifically plausible factor is thought to be that stress weakens the immune system and allows the disease to gain a stronghold, or "increase" in severity once stress is introduced...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow that is amazing news. And yes let's hope it can get delivered to Africa and anywhere else that HIV is rampant.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Tink we think alie so much , I am sure after I visit the oprhanage in Africa that I will want to just stay and help.

But compared to a decade ago the future is truely bright once more

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I can see you wanting to do that. It's truly great news though.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    wow, that's incredible news...

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic. :thumbs-up:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast