Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Victoria & Alberts at the Grand Floridian

Post Thanks / Like
    it probably is something that comes with experience, If I wear a suit even now I feel like that toddler off the andrex advert I think it's because I look really young.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    tastes change that's for sure :)

I would say that one mistake often made, and I hear it time and time again, is for people to assume that v&a is stuffy.

Now I've been in my fair share of stuffy restaurants round the world, even enjoyed them from time to time :D but v&a is NOT stuffy. You can have a relaxed meal there
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    You're right Keith, we found it refreshingly relaxed and informal!!! I like the elegance and formailty of the "hardware" bit of it, like the courses and the cut;ery etc. as that is part of the fun, but the servers and the conversation with them is just so down to earth. It was more like eating in the living room of a very good stylish friend!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane, Donna and I have eaten at V&A several times. She doesn't do: fish, of any sort, game; veal and certain veggies. She has ALWAYS had a wonderful meal prepared for her.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks keith & John - but do they only change/play with the menu for you if you're at the chefs table. I really am fussy and don't like fish and most meats, sauces, lots of veg, rice...........

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 223173
    Thanks keith & John - but do they only change/play with the menu for you if you're at the chefs table. I really am fussy and don't like fish and most meats, sauces, lots of veg, rice...........
    Nope not at all! They'll come and talk to you about the menu and if you tell them what you do and don't like they'll work out a menu to suit
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 223173
    Diane, I didn't eat at the Chef's table, and when I booked they asked us to be precise about our likes and dislikes. Mr Deb is fine with most things, but I don't eat fish (but I do eat shellfish), nor many veggies, and I am allergic to chillies which is awkward as they seem to be in everything nowadays. Then when we got there our servers talked us through the whole menu and checked whether there was one thing in every course I could eat, and if not they asked the chef to amend it. My menu was already a little different to Mr Deb's, and we worked from there. And they did it so I didn't feel like a total loser! Really, they bend over backwards to work it out for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys - will definately give it some thought then

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb, post: 223190
    Diane, I didn't eat at the Chef's table, and when I booked they asked us to be precise about our likes and dislikes. Mr Deb is fine with most things, but I don't eat fish (but I do eat shellfish), nor many veggies, and I am allergic to chillies which is awkward as they seem to be in everything nowadays. Then when we got there our servers talked us through the whole menu and checked whether there was one thing in every course I could eat, and if not they asked the chef to amend it. My menu was already a little different to Mr Deb's, and we worked from there. And they did it so I didn't feel like a total loser! Really, they bend over backwards to work it out for you
    Absolutely agree with Deb 100%. The only time we ever had a problem, and it really wasn't a problem was when I received a clear consomme and Donna received Butternut Squash Soup. I loved the taste of the consomme but since she doesn't do squash of any type we just swapped.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It's a difficult one Diane, I've always wanted to go but Chris is just too fussy. I think Terry and John can back me up on that one - remember Thornbury Castle

It's interesting to know that they will change the menu though - I might have to try and talk him into it at some point.

If ever there is a tomorrow when we're not together.......
    there is something you must always remember.
    You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
    But the most important thing is, even if we're apart...... I'll always be with you.
    Winne the Pooh - A A Milne

A friend is a hand that is always holding yours,
    no matter how close or far apart you may be.
    A friend is someone who is always there and will always, always care.
    A friend is a feeling of forever in the heart.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast