Thread: Create A WDW Tour

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a tour on WDW property that you would love to do? A tour that at the moment doesn't exist.

Maybe it's a behind the scenes tour of some sort, or a tour of the resorts, or maybe a look at the hidden areas/rooms of the castle.

What would you like to learn about?

Post Thanks / Like
    oooo now that IS a good one

I'd love to see the technology behind all the parks. The computers, the ride tech., the monorail stuff, the parade technology as well as their own smartcity phone exchange stuff and so on I believe at one time, backstage magic showed people the parade from behind the scenes but the last few times we've done it, they brought us back onstage for the parade (booooo).

So I'd like a high tech tour please
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd love a complete tour of all the kitchens of WDW. I know there are main kitchens, then there are individual restaurant kitchens. I'd love a tour of them all!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith, post: 217787
    I believe at one time, backstage magic showed people the parade from behind the scenes but the last few times we've done it, they brought us back onstage for the parade (booooo).
    We saw some behind the scenes of Mickey's Jammin Jungle Parade the time we were on Mickey's float. Interesting

I'd like a tour backstage of the animal enclosures - all of them.
    Would like a tour of all of the resorts too as we never get to see much of them staying offsite - grounds/rooms/restaurants etc

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest, I like keeping the magic for all of it!

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome question!

As a city planner, I think I'd like to visit the Reedy Creek offices and see original plats and surveys of the property. I'm totally interested in the infrastructure and layout of the whole property. I'd also like to see Walt's concepts versus what was actually built.

I think they've gotten way off track from what Walt originally envisioned (in my opinion). If you view old models of Epcot, or watch Walt's special on Epcot, you'll see a total departure. The newest unveiling of the million dollar mansions being sold on the property, for example, I think would send Walt rolling in his grave! Also I think this is a gross waste of property, unless Disney is leasing the land, where homeowners would only own the home but Disney would retain the land (like a mobile home park or a condo). Why would Disney sell property? I don't particularly understand Celebration, either, although it's been touted as a much respected "traditional neighborhood development".

Wow. I got off on a tangent...
    Gwen

Post Thanks / Like
    Instead of a tour I would like to do a sleepover in one of the parks, maybe a sleepover on Tom Sawyers Island or in one of the pavillions at the world showcase. Of course it have to include a bunch of friends and cold beverages.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I like Keith's idea of a high tech tour!

But, of course I would!

And +1 on Gwennies comments about the new development!

Tom (... Por favor manténgase alejado de las puertas!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Id like to do a food sample tour! Especially in Epcot, that would be fab to get a little taster from each country!