Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: omg harry potter rides exclude lots of people as overweight

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 218255
    Ok I get the fact you could have a height stick

what pray tell could you have to tell if ones breasts are too large, other than an enthusiastic teen?
    If the Harry Potter team are watching this... I hereby volunteer to be said teenager
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I was watching a coaster show and they said that due to all the intense loops/curves/Gforces, etc they have to make seats a limited size due to safety. It certainly does not coincide with us getting larger and larger (not just in a weight sense, we are just bigger than our ancesters).

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard on a podcast today that Universal have begun installing seats suitable for larger guests.

The check seats at the beginning of the queue area now have three lights, rather than the two they started with. The original had green if you could ride, and red if you couldn't. Now there is an amber light that indicates that you need to use the modified seating.

There was no mention of how many of these seats are available, only that they are to the left of the seat row.

...Good news for all us large folk!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well that's some progress. I'm a little surprised that this wasn't included in the original design.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like

This is a picture of the ride seats. The flat bit of the white bar needs to come right down over your boobies and tummy to rest on your thighs. You need it to click 3 times before you can ride.

I seen a woman who was thin not fit due to her ample boobies. She was gutted. However I also saw larger ladies who fitted fine.

Men with round tummies were having issues too.

There are test seats outside the ride and also just before the ride loads, this is where the cast members were asking people to try the seats, I thought they were very polite and it must be beter to know before than be asked to leave once on the ride.

I wouldn't worry about trying the test seats as everyone was trying them out.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard lots of people saying this made them feel really sick, I can ride spiderman and star tours and the old back to the future, will I be alright?

Post Thanks / Like
    I felt sick so only rode it once.

Kyle said you feel less sick the second time you go on

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 232662
    I've heard lots of people saying this made them feel really sick, I can ride spiderman and star tours and the old back to the future, will I be alright?
    We tried this ride a couple of weeks back.
    I sent DH on first as I get quite bad motion sickness. He came off it saying it was a cross between Soarin' and Spiderman. Now, Soarin' I can do with no problems and I go on Spiderman with DH to keep him company but have to close my eyes !!!

Anyway, I went on with a positive attitude. I was quite queasy when I came off and it took about an hour for me to recover. I had to close my eyes most of the ride too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am really looking forward to seeing the new Harry Potter section at Universal, We are all very big Harry Potter fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    That dose not sound fun at all . If you can't go on or been asked to leave. That harry potter looks bit tight. Will admit that i'm on the large side if that happned to me would feel embaressed and upset

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast