Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside?

Post Thanks / Like
    We are planning on staying at Port Orleans for our trip next year. We loved CBR last time we wen't but we want to try different resorts each trip. I was all set on Riverside but then some friends of ours just got back from DW and they stayed at French Quarter and said they like it better than Riverside. SO, after researching them both a little more I thought maybe we would just stay at Coronado, but then I noticed it was a couple thousand dollars more (anyone no why that is when they are all moderate resorts?), so I'm back to the French Quarter or Riverside decision. Help me out here.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always stay at Riverside. It's our favorite resort!

We stay in the Alligator Bayou section because even when the parks and other resorts appear to be crowded, that area of Riverside doesn't seem to be. It's just peaceful and quiet. A great way to relax from a hectic day in the parks!

Just a nice, relaxing, Southern style, vacation.

Tom (... Southern himself!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wishesandpixiedust, post: 218840
    We are planning on staying at Port Orleans for our trip next year. We loved CBR last time we wen't but we want to try different resorts each trip. I was all set on Riverside but then some friends of ours just got back from DW and they stayed at French Quarter and said they like it better than Riverside. SO, after researching them both a little more I thought maybe we would just stay at Coronado, but then I noticed it was a couple thousand dollars more (anyone no why that is when they are all moderate resorts?), so I'm back to the French Quarter or Riverside decision. Help me out here.
    Coronado is a little more expensive than POFQ but should not be a couple of thousand dollars more. I believe that it's only maybe $10 -20 a day more. It has been remodeled and has great queen sized beds I guess. Johnnie may know the answer to that one! POFQ is quieter than Riverside. Wishes are you state side or UK?

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    i am going to port orleans riverside this year went to coronado last year excelent resort just wanted to try somewhere different

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    We have stayed at both POR and POFQ. They are both extremely nice resorts. Both have food courts, POR has a sit down restaurant also. You can use pools at both. When we stay at POR we stay in the Mansions.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Riverside definately

French quarter has scary giant mask thingies. Waterwheel and peaceful at riverside but can be quite a trek to the food hall

Post Thanks / Like
    Especially if you want to take your refillable mugs back to your room before you get on the bus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 218866
    Especially if you want to take your refillable mugs back to your room before you get on the bus
    We don't do that. We fill them in the morning with coffee and get on the bus to the park. Once there, we get a locker and store the mugs in there. Also any other little things that we buy and don't want to wait to have delivered to the room. When we go back to the resort, we grab our stuff (including our mugs) from the locker, ride the bus back to the resort, stop in the food court to fill the mugs with our favorite beverage du jour and go back to the room and collapse!

Tom (... works for us!)

Post Thanks / Like
    See with the boys we had 4 large mugs to drag around all day and we never thought about a locker, infact when we went it may have been in that period post 9/11 when lockers were not being used now I think about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Skywatcher, post: 218877
    See with the boys we had 4 large mugs to drag around all day and we never thought about a locker, infact when we went it may have been in that period post 9/11 when lockers were not being used now I think about it
    Ahhh.... got it!

Next time though, you may want to give it a try. We find it to be terribly convenient. And, if you're park hopping, you can get a receipt for your key deposit at one park, take it to the next park, and all you have to pay is the key deposit. The actual locker fee "transfers" if you will from one park to the next.

Tom (... it's handy!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast