Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside?

Post Thanks / Like
    Having stayed at both POFQ and POR, the only one we would return to is French Quarter. It's very pretty and much quieter.
    Also it's much easier to get on the bus there as it's often full before it reaches POR. (Unless they've split the bus service since we last went.)
    [CENTER]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 218880
    Ahhh.... got it!

Next time though, you may want to give it a try. We find it to be terribly convenient. And, if you're park hopping, you can get a receipt for your key deposit at one park, take it to the next park, and all you have to pay is the key deposit. The actual locker fee "transfers" if you will from one park to the next.

Tom (... it's handy!)
    Very useful info!! Thanks Catrancher!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Di, I hadn't really thought about it but the bus service was pretty full from POR, but I did love that swimmin hole

Post Thanks / Like
    Odd. We've never had an issue with the bus service at Riverside. We always use the main bus stop out in front of the lobby and have never seen a bus so full that we couldn't get on it. Full, yes. So full we couldn't get on, no. In fact, I don't remember a time when it was so full we had to stand.

Tom (... get me to the park on time!)

Post Thanks / Like
    We've been to both and like both. POFQ is a very compact resort, easy to maneuver around and everything is close by. POR is much larger. Both are really beautiful resorts and it is fun to walk around them exploring! Both have comparable services, although POFQ no longer has a sit-down restaurant (they did many moons ago and it was terrific!).

We haven't been there in a while, but bus service was shared between the two resorts. POFQ has only one bus stop. POR has 4 or 5 I believe, counting the lobby stop. During busy seasons, the bus can get pretty crowded from our experience. We always felt POFQ had the edge there because it is the first stop, but the route may have changed.

I don't think you can go wrong with either resort!
    Happy DVC Members since 1992! (OKW)

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Casey
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey3557, post: 219396
    We've been to both and like both. POFQ is a very compact resort, easy to maneuver around and everything is close by. POR is much larger. Both are really beautiful resorts and it is fun to walk around them exploring! Both have comparable services, although POFQ no longer has a sit-down restaurant (they did many moons ago and it was terrific!).

We haven't been there in a while, but bus service was shared between the two resorts. POFQ has only one bus stop. POR has 4 or 5 I believe, counting the lobby stop. During busy seasons, the bus can get pretty crowded from our experience. We always felt POFQ had the edge there because it is the first stop, but the route may have changed.

I don't think you can go wrong with either resort!
    will have to go visit both next year if we go they look, now sound awesome resorts to go to
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I prefer the look, feel and theming of Riverside but much prefer the Magnolia Bend (mansion buildings) to Aligator bayou. It is completely personal choice and I don't think you could go wrong with either! We don;t use the buses so that isn't a consideration for us.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12