Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotel stay

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys, the air rates look alot cheaper to fly out on November 26 instead of the 28th. Does anyone know of a reasonable place to stay for 2 nights that we could get to Universal from? They wanted a little over $300. for 2 nights at a value and I was hoping to do a little better.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about a Hampton inn, there are a couple very close to US, coming out at 65-75 per night plus tax. You get free breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hampton Inn and SUITES are a good bet. The Inns themselves are pretty small. Homewood Suites with a good rate are nice too.

Marriott will have some alternatives, with Springhill Suites or Townplace...(I think??) Suites.

Suites are always more preferable from my perspective as they have little refrigerators (or full kitchens) and at least microwaves. Allows you to better control your "food" eh?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you driving Tinker? If you arent then you could stay in a few places on IDrive cus alot of them offer free transport to US/IOA

We stayed at the Wyndham Orlando for our honeymoon, that was nice

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by britchick, post: 219603
    What about a Hampton inn, there are a couple very close to US, coming out at 65-75 per night plus tax. You get free breakfast.
    We do stay at Hamptons alot when we travel, there is a wonderful one we found in Dobson North carolina that has a winery!! The nicest Hampton I've ever seen and they gave you a free bottle of wine at check in. The king bedrooms were beautiful! I wonder if they have transport to Universal?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 219608
    Hampton Inn and SUITES are a good bet. The Inns themselves are pretty small. Homewood Suites with a good rate are nice too.

Marriott will have some alternatives, with Springhill Suites or Townplace...(I think??) Suites.

Suites are always more preferable from my perspective as they have little refrigerators (or full kitchens) and at least microwaves. Allows you to better control your "food" eh?
    I've never stayed at a Homewood Tink, are they kind of like Embassy Suites?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 219619
    Are you driving Tinker? If you arent then you could stay in a few places on IDrive cus alot of them offer free transport to US/IOA

We stayed at the Wyndham Orlando for our honeymoon, that was nice
    oddly enough we've never stayed on I-drive, when we've stayed off site it's usually been at the Sunspree on SR525. But it's been at least 7 years that we've stayed there. How is I Drive? We will be flying I think, so it would be nice to have either transport or a car rental on site.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinkfan, post: 219625
    We do stay at Hamptons alot when we travel, there is a wonderful one we found in Dobson North carolina that has a winery!! The nicest Hampton I've ever seen and they gave you a free bottle of wine at check in. The king bedrooms were beautiful! I wonder if they have transport to Universal?
    Never had a bad stay at one, we use them when travelling in the US.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, they are like them, only I think they are nicer and usually newer.

Some Hamptons, Brit are not nice. I stay in Hilton chains almost exclusively, and unless it's a single overnight, I won't stay in a Hampton Inn (but do use the Suites often).

There is one in St. Augustine that is horrid. :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 219666
    Yes, they are like them, only I think they are nicer and usually newer.

Some Hamptons, Brit are not nice. I stay in Hilton chains almost exclusively, and unless it's a single overnight, I won't stay in a Hampton Inn (but do use the Suites often).

There is one in St. Augustine that is horrid. :(
    Are you talking about the one on the beach? We stayed there and it was the least clean of any I've stayed at. We have had good luck with all the rest though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast