Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eating

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    do you find you eat more on holiday especialy if you visit one of the all you can eat buffets

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Research have shown that we eat 30% more when it comes to buffet!

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont really eat much at home no breakfast and no lunch but i do eat a little more on holiday
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually eat less as I don't put as much food on my plate. I really do like buffets so you can have a little bit of everything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think buffets do encourage people to eat more than they normally would, but like Brit, I'm all about choices, so I may end up eating the same (as a regular entree) or a bit less. I like bites of this and that, so don't need to take a full serving of any given item... unless it's the clams at Cape May. Then, all bets are off. :D

Yes, we do eat more on holiday for the most part, particularly if we are visiting a place we've not been before. We love food, preparation, custom, ect. so we end up visiting local shops and locally owned restaurants whenever possible.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I do eat more but I snack less On holiday we always eat out so the portions are often bigger than we'd have at home
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I forgot about snow crab legs....... If they're good then I could eat my own weight in them!!

Post Thanks / Like
    I do but i dont! We usually start the day at a buffet place so i dont tend to need anything for lunch, we will have an ice-cream or something later in the day and dont really eat loads at night. All the walking helps alot, i usually find that i never gain weight in florida because of the amount of walking we do!

Post Thanks / Like
    Probably a bit more but usually end up losing weight on vacation, The food is definitely richer than we eat at home. But when I'm full, I'm full. It doesn't matter how good it looks! When I was little if we were at a buffet I would almost always feel ill. Just the sight of all that food would make me lose my appetite. My Mom and dad were not happy with me!!LOL! Now that isn't the case ( no wonder I was such a stringbean as a kid!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I hardly ever finish a meal in restaurants and often take a box home but I do eat lots of naughty stuff like ice cream etc and I also drink a bit more on holiday which can really pack on the calories...

I never drink cocktails at home but often drink them on holiday.

I don't weigh myself so I go by how my clothes feel, as to if I have put on weight.... it sure is alot easier to put it on than take it off!!

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast