Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I am a victim of a scam

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you get some answere johnie i know i would need to know how they got my details let us at em:angry-smiley-053:
    Jacqui xxx

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG Johnie, hope you get it all sorted out soon.

DLP The Disneyland Hotel
    1998 Wilderness Lodge
    1999 Off site
    2000 Caribbean Beach
    2001 Coronado Springs
    2003 Beach Club
    2005 Beach Club
    2007 Beach Club
    2009 Beach Club
    2012 Beach Club
    2014 Beach Club Concierge

Post Thanks / Like
    The bank account has now been changed, direct deposit at work is being sorted out and am now calling the cell phone company.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    good...you don't need them calling anymore!
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    That's horrible Johnie! I would've probably been caught by this thinking that most banks now use overseas call centers and such. But probably yelling at you and telling you you'll be arrested isn't the best scam! And if it were legit wouldn't they have a lawyer call you or something? Not some phone worker telling you the police will arrest you!

I hope everything works out and they don't do anymore harm to your id. Did they have your whole SS #?? Is that still something to worry about?
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    its really frightening what anyone can find out about you, way too easy to get hold of it, it seems
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia, Australia
    Post Thanks / Like
    Glad it's being sorted Johnie!

I had my Diner's card number stolen a few years ago - I was lucky that Diner's alerted me to it - apparently the fraudsters had done it to several people.

They bought 2 pieces of artwork worth about $5000 each with my card - I contested it of course and got a new number. Diner's were really good about it.

I'm glad your bank and mobile company are sorting it out for you - what a pain!
    Next trip - Bali! (March 2015)

Post Thanks / Like
    This has happened to Dh :rolleyes008: It really is scary and makes me so damn angry!! They actually got money out of our bank account and it took weeks to get everything settled. We contacted everyone we knew to and reported them to everyone who would listen.

They started with our debit card number and found out everything else from there. We now use cash for everything we can. I hate that people make a living by taking things from other people :mad:

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh man! That is awful! I am so glad I did change the bank info today then. It wasn't just the fact that they had all my info, they were so nasty and ugly too!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, this is scary. I would be freaking out to say the least. It's good that you were so proactive johnie.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast