Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What foods do you stock your fridges with?

Post Thanks / Like
    Really? No one else ever seems to sweat on their heads except men Of course all this hair does not help one bit but i can't blame it all on the hair.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah Sun Maid bread - I remember that was really nice. Except now you're going to tell me it's got that icky corn syrup in it.

So is that stuff used instead of sugar?

At least you know where you stand with sugar - all that artificial stuff is a bit scary. That's why I drink regular Coke here and not diet, except that when I go over to you guys it looks like I can't even drink that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 15107
    good thing my family doesn't shy away from trying new things lol...will have to look for it. Can anyone tell me how to make or find the cream used on the Sally Lun(sp) ? My memory is so bad lol...I think that lovely Lady said it was clotted cream?
    You can not make clotted cream hun. Its local to devon and cornwall. Luckily i live in cornwall although you can proberly get it in most shops in the country now. I would do a seacrch to see if you can buy it in USA. I would offer to send you some but it needs to be chilled which means it can not be sent.
    I hate marmit, it yuck.
    I love to buy pretzles, mickey coconuts and lots of maple syrup. Oh nearly forgot i love the carrot cake in Walmart. Best i have ever tasted.
    We always buy the soda bread. We bought some white bread last year and it was more like sponge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Johnie...my head sweats too. Always has. which is why if I wear hats I don't take them off...it's not just hat hair lol.

As for the High fructos Corn syrup...that nasty beastie is being banished from our home and we will not be getting anythin but water or unsweeten tea when we go out...eveybody in this town has splenda anyway on the tables lol.

I'm also banishing Gluten. Avoided it for 2days now and I can feel a difference already. I am however still going to the Doc next tuesday. If the thyroid is going bad then I will need help...but whatever has gone wrong I want it fixed.
    One great pair of shoes can change your life.~~Cinderella
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

:muahaha:

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!!! I will look it up and see if I can find it here Thank you
    Be the kind of Woman that when your feet hit the floor each morning the devil says " ! She's up!!"

Post Thanks / Like
    I would die with a hat on my head!

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepinCatz, post: 17326
    Thanks!!! I will look it up and see if I can find it here Thank you
    http://www.britishdelights.com/cream.htm

Here you go hun. Not sure if it will taste the same but you never know. I did find recipie for it but it does not look like how ours is made UK.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL...I only get hats when going to WDW...and I rarely wear them lol...I know...I'm wierd

OOOO Thank you I'm off to check it out

Post Thanks / Like
    I now have that site marked and next payday I'm sending off for some My Dad makes my Mom the Sally Lunn bread from and old recipe handed down through our family.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can buy clotted cream in Fresh Market and sometimes Whole Foods. Do you have either of those stores there, 'Catz? It's nice to use instead of butter, but only sparingly!

My Aunt was the same way Johnie. More women that you realize, eh?

I wear hats to keep the sun off, or when it's bitter cold (obviously not here) or there is a cold wind blowing that will hurt my ears (usually use a headband style then).

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast