Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: mt dora

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    last year i went to dunedin it was ok alsoheard tarpon springs is worth a visit

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robertcraig, post: 220176
    last year i went to dunedin it was ok alsoheard tarpon springs is worth a visit
    ive heard that about tarpon springs too. hopefully next year will go visit friends down in cape coral, they designed there own villa and had an infinity pool installed it looks totally awesome, best villa ive ever seen :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    You want Florida? REAL Florida? Arcadia. It doesn't get any more real (and not a tourist in sight) than that!

It's a small town (can't really call it a village) and boy is it old school Florida. Can't imagine getting there without your own car though.

Tarpon Springs is nice, heavy Greek influence, but it's still touristy...

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I can't say that I get around Florida much but I have visited St. Augustine. Absolutely beautiful. I know it can be touristy but there really aren't many places that aren't.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Mount Dora is nice. We visited last August on a Sunday. had lunch in a nice cafe and lots of Harley cycles came and parked up and had a brief meeting and then went off again.

We love Celebration. It's a bit twee but in a nice way.

I've heard St Augustine is beautiful and I believe it's the oldest town in Florida? Our villa is a St Augutine model

Sandra
    Sandra

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    st augustine is definately worth a visit some florida history

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    doesnt st augustine have a fort, where the spanish first settled in florida? it was on a house in florida series and looked really nice. when we are doing the visiting thing away from the orlando area, which we dont do much at the moment will defo go to st augustine
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 220174
    i hear that in winter they spray snow out of the lamposts which is pretty cool :D
    They also blow out paper leaves in Market Street during the Fall Mick.

Like others have said, we used to love visiting Mt. Dora, taking in dinner at a lovely lakeside restaurant called Pisces Rising.
    We returned a couple of years ago and we were really saddened at how the economy has taken its toll on many of the local businesses.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 220250
    They also blow out paper leaves in Market Street during the Fall Mick.

Like others have said, we used to love visiting Mt. Dora, taking in dinner at a lovely lakeside restaurant called Pisces Rising.
    We returned a couple of years ago and we were really saddened at how the economy has taken its toll on many of the local businesses.
    how cool is that....what a shame about the local business
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 220224
    doesnt st augustine have a fort, where the spanish first settled in florida? it was on a house in florida series and looked really nice. when we are doing the visiting thing away from the orlando area, which we dont do much at the moment will defo go to st augustine
    If you haven't been go, it's a lovely spot, one of our favorite places to visit as a matter of fact.There's another fort on the Tampa side, Arrgh, brain freeze, can't think of the name, beautiful beach and I think it's a state park. Tink?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast