Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: depressed at not going to disney for ages

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you do to cheer yourself up when it feels like you wont be going to disney for ages :(

sometimes I try and read the posts here but it makes me sad to read when I know I havent got anything for so long

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the exact same but I love reading the posts here!! Try reading some of the Disney news on our maing page, that usually gets me cheered up
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep me too, sometimes it helps and sometimes it makes it worse - on another boards I used to stay away for about 2 months after I got back as I was soooo depressed

so we all totally understand

best thing to do is pick an imaginary date in the far future when you may be able to go and start heading towards that

Post Thanks / Like
    im here all the time, so that helps. i also watch the video's a lot that ive taken of the kids whilst there and the planning dvd's :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    I go somewhere else!! Haven't been to Florida since 2007, but have Been to NYC a few times, Devon, and Egypt!!

It is starting to depress me that we won't be back for another two years though!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got a whole collection of the Disney Planning DVD's. Both Disney World and Disney Cruise Lines. Whenever I'm depressed, I get one of them out and enjoy them all over again.

If that doesn't work, I delve into my pictures on my computer and make another slide show with titles, transitions, and music then burn it to dvd. That always makes me feel much better. Besides, it's fun!

Tom (... lights, camera, action!)

Post Thanks / Like
    I can relate to your sense of sadness when I think of returning to Ireland. I had planned to be back far before now, and things keep getting in the way. :(

There are so many wonderful members at this site, that having friendships with them, and discussing things other than Disney is a positive thing.

When others are able to go (again, for me to Ireland) I live vicariously through their experiences and enjoy so very much, what they choose to share of their visit.

I think planning a holiday, regardless of date is helpful to a certain extent too. Some things need to wait until there is a specific time, but much research and learning about a place can happen while you are waiting to go.

When all else fails simply post that you are so wishing you could go and we'll all rush in and hug you back to happiness! :D

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I live vicariously through Maireads photos!!! pretty soon!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    whenever i land back i pretty much book another one straight away
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tb2830, post: 220692
    whenever i land back i pretty much book another one straight away
    i did that after the 1st 2 trips, even tho there was a 2yr gap between each trip, dont stop the planning tho eh!! :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast