Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parking costs and spending money?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam, post: 221291
    Apparently there is somebody who is hiring out their AP for you to use the free parking. Of course you can't use it to get into the park itself but it is ok for the parking. What do you think about this, is it not a bit risky?
    Personally I wouldn`t do it.
    There is always the [albeit slight] chance that you may be asked to also show your id at the ticket booth and this could be quite an embarrassment if this were to happen.

Post Thanks / Like
    To be honest I'm quite happy paying $14 for 12 hours of security patrolled parking. I'd pay a heck of a lot more than that at my local town centre. It's just something else I factor into the cost of the holiday.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 221180
    You could always park at Downtown Disney, which is free , take the bus to any resort and then transfer to whichever park you want to visit .
    That is not cool. The parking at DTD is AWFUL! I just want to go in and shop and can never find a place.

Post Thanks / Like
    It would make a heck of a lot of sense to be able to but a ' length of stay parking pass ' - mmm maybe I'll email the mouse

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn, post: 221293
    To be honest I'm quite happy paying $14 for 12 hours of security patrolled parking. I'd pay a heck of a lot more than that at my local town centre. It's just something else I factor into the cost of the holiday.
    me to, never ever crossed my mind to park at DTD, but what a nightmare that would be everyday, id rather pay $14 it isnt that much when you convert it to 's as you say you pay more to park in the town centres here
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Personally I think they should turn the parking at DTD into pay parking also. Of course it would have the same benefits as on site parking, i.e. free for resort guests and AP holders. If you were truly there to shop they could grant up to 3 or 4 hours of free parking with proof of purchase.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Hiring out the AP?! I can't imagine that being a good idea at all, for either the AP owner or the person paying to use it for parking.

That is clearly a misuse of the pass. The pass states on it that it is not transferable, so even lending it to someone to allow them to park (never mind charging the person to use it) is clearly against the regulations of the pass.

All it will take is one person to try and use that AP to gain entry to the park (and you KNOW someone will try) and the AP will be confiscated and the original purchaser of it may not be able to ever purchase another AP.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 221766
    Hiring out the AP?! I can't imagine that being a good idea at all, for either the AP owner or the person paying to use it for parking.

That is clearly a misuse of the pass. The pass states on it that it is not transferable, so even lending it to someone to allow them to park (never mind charging the person to use it) is clearly against the regulations of the pass.

All it will take is one person to try and use that AP to gain entry to the park (and you KNOW someone will try) and the AP will be confiscated and the original purchaser of it may not be able to ever purchase another AP.
    who said hire out your AP tink?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Earlier in the thread, Mick.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tink, post: 221771
    Earlier in the thread, Mick.
    no thats not right at all
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast