Thread: Five arrests in Orlando park ticket sales

Post Thanks / Like
    From The Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel .....

ORLANDO, Fla., July 3 (UPI) -- An Orlando police officer has been charged with selling discounted employee passes to Walt Disney World on craigslist.com, court documents revealed.

Officer Wendell Robey was charged along with his wife and three other individuals with grand theft for allegedly selling tickets to the amusement park as well as Universal Orlando, The Orlando (Fla.) Sentinel said.

Robey moonlighted at the Universal theme park and obtained employee passes marked "Not for Sale" that he sold to buyers who responded to Internet ads.

According to the court documents, Robey and his wife, Shaton, also sold parking passes and room keys from the nearby Hard Rock Hotel that allowed pass holders to park free at the hotel and move to the front of the line at Universal. Two of those arrested worked at the hotel.

The arrests culminated an undercover investigation by the Metropolitan Bureau of Investigation.

Post Thanks / Like
    My goodness

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not only should the parks be after these sorts of "inside" jobs, but those who sell tickets on the open market.

NEVER, NEVER buy a park ticket from those kiosk you see dotted around the Orlando area. You don't know what you are getting and often get ripped off completely. Disney will confiscate those tickets if they think for one second that you bought scalped tickets (that's what they are).

Although for some weird reason it's not policed, the practice of selling unused tickets is not legal.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    So Sad, There Are So Many People Out There Today That Scam innocent People . I only ever buy my tickets at Disney , Universal, etc or a reutable company like AAA .

Post Thanks / Like
    That's a most unfortunate name for the wife. What were the parents thinking?

Post Thanks / Like
    Surprising that a police officer wouldn't be smarter. I'm glad they got caught and hopefully are now embarrassed.
    xxoo Rosie