Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: holiday reading

Post Thanks / Like
    The only romance books I like are Danielle Steele . Right now I'm finally finishing The Life Of Walt Disney . I'm then passing it onto Keith and then whomever wants to read it can . It's a very good book .
    I'm then going to read my nieces second book . Her first one was how she overcame a rape as a young teen , overcame a drug addiction, went to Penn State and became a social worker for the witness protection program . I'm telling you I was so upset, I didn't sleep for days . It's called Blackout Girl . Her new book is a Day In The Light . How she has finally found love . Her partner is a beautiful young woman and she writes about how she has helped others overcome addictions not only drugs, but abusive relationships .
    When i go to WDW in August, I want to buy one of the Kingdom Keeper books .

Post Thanks / Like
    I love a good romance....key word there is good. :D Now I don't read harlequin either, their books are just not that great.

Post Thanks / Like
    For holidays Stephen King are my fall back books, readable and chunky enough to keep me going. The last trip when we got stuck theonly book I had taken was Stephen Hawkings Brief Hstory of Time - that was ot a great poolside book and requires a lot of concentration

Post Thanks / Like
    I've read the first three books in the Chronicls of Ancient Darkness series by Michelle Paver. They are teen fiction but are awesome. Three more to go so I'll have one of them on the plane with me.

Post Thanks / Like
    ooo nting to physically heavy , so when you doze off it doesn't hurt your nose - another top Disney tip :D

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to read something "light", the sort of book that you can put down for a while and then pick up again a few days later without having to remember the plot.
    I have found that autobiographies [or biographies] fall into this catagory.
    Over the past few vacations I`ve read these type of books relating to Tommy Cooper, Ronnie Wood [The Stones]. Ayrton Senna, Richard Branson, and of course Eric Clapton!.....that list says a lot about me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12