Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ponderosa any good?

Post Thanks / Like
    weve heard that ponderosa is the best place for a cheap but good meal? it's always looked a bit slummy to me though ? is it any good and if not are there better places cheaply but good?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have heard mixed reports about Ponderosa although we haven`t actually tried it yet.

You have loads of places to choose from, especially along the 192 or Internaional Drive...Olive Garden and Bob Evans spring to mind off the top of my head.

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    used to go to the ponderosa years ago went once last year not so good

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry to say that when we went there were lots of flies around the buffet and it was all half cold. we glanced into the kitchen and it was full of teens having a food fight

not a place I'd return to

Post Thanks / Like
    I'll be pretty blunt here and say NO! Food quality is really poor and service is essentially non-existant. Same with Sizzler. Avoid both.

About the only off site buffet that we'll do (and that's not often) is Sweet Tomatoes. It's limited in what it offers, but it tends to be fresh and clean, at least cleaner than the other restaurants of its price point.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    I'd also say no it's not very good.

Like Tink says you'd be better off at Sweet Tomaotes or I'd say Golden Corral which has something for everyone.

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 221712
    I have heard mixed reports about Ponderosa although we haven`t actually tried it yet.

You have loads of places to choose from, especially along the 192 or Internaional Drive...Olive Garden and Bob Evans spring to mind off the top of my head.
    If you even thought of taking your DW to Pondagrossout, she would kill you. I know mine would.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It has its fan but I found it dirty and slummy.

Post Thanks / Like
    we liked it?!

Sizzler was absolutely rank though - would never go there again!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have never been to the ones in FL, but I have in Indiana. Not bad for me either. It's not a 5 star place, but I like buffets. I'm a picky eater. I really like Golden Corral. I have not done Sizzler since I lived in CA, and well, that was 2 decades ago. (Holy cow, I can't believe I just typed 2 decades ago...)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast