Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: villa étiquette?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowhand, post: 221768
    ...because you demolished their garage when you drove your car through it?
    i was gonna say they havent got any wardrobes now, must of been a different villa

OMG wasnt your was it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahem. Boys?

<-------------- The topic is over there.

:wink:

Great question, we've never actually stayed in a villa so it's interesting to hear the responses!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 221730
    we always rent a villa.

what we do is, wash the linen as we wash our own clothes, hoover all the carpets just as we are about to leave, sweep the kitchen floor as they are usually tiled, then give it a mop over, clean the kitchen so it looks like the day we moved in. basically how you would treat your own home tbh, as you have to remember its someone home too .

there is always cleaning fluids left, we always replace what we use if anything runs out.

one IMPORTANT thing to do upon arrival is have a good look around the villato see if there is any damage. check all crockery/cutlery is there. so you dont get billed for anything that wasnt done by you
    He swept it all under the carpet when he left ours

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolm, post: 221901
    He swept it all under the carpet when he left ours
    bummer you found it
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    We strip the beds at the end of the stay and put them where the instructions say to leave them. I'll clean up messes I've made but I don't scrub the floors.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    I didn't know you knew what a Hoover was Mick!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were asked to strip the beds, gather the towels together and put one load one. We washed up the dishes, wiped around the kitchen and swept the floor in the main living area/kitchen. We didn't do floors or hoovering because 1, we weren't asked to. 2, the villa owners pay a cleaning firm to come in after us and 3, I'm on flipping holiday!!!

It was obviously all ok because we had our deposit back within the week and the villa owners thanked us for taking good care.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think we just mopped the floors and swept up, put the bedding where they asked and left the garbage out on the specific day
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, I have stayed in a villa twice the first one we had maid service the second we didnt bother paying for it, just did it ourselves. As regard the bed linen just put one load in the washer and left the rest for the cleaner. Since you are out most of the time the villa doesnt get that untidy, but it is nice to have your own pool and some quite time .

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been assured that when we stay in Malcolms villa soon he will be on hand to waft fans over us and bring us chilled drinks by the pool.......................... oh and I want the grapes peeled as well Malc hun.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12