Thread: child modelling?

Post Thanks / Like
    whats your view on whether children should model or not? a friends daughter is now doing quite a lot of it and of course dd is now interested

we're quite sure the agency is ok since friends daughter has been doing it for awhile but im still not sure

on the one hand its an experience for them and its wrong to stand in the way but in the other way of thinking the school wont even let us take photos of the class plays and yet were ok with children modelling?

i dont know what do you think

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a charged subject.

I personally do not like anything that makes a child look like a grown up. That show Toddlers and Tiaras makes my skin crawl.

I suppose if a child can model to still look and act like a child then that is fine.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    My friends childrens are with an agency and model occasionally - it's mainly adverts etc and they are very much children in the photos - no obvious make up etc.

You do seem to have to be available at the drop of a hat, I had considered it before but its the last minute call to get to London for an audition that put me off as we have so many other commitments, schools need to be accomodating as well.

They love it

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    My personal opinion is that it *can* be fine; but just like with everything else in the world...moderation is the key.

Children should look like children, doing things that children would do. They should NOT (IMO) look like adults doing things only adults would do.

I have friends who allow their children to do some catalog modeling and it has been a very good experience for them, I have also seen some REALLY horrid examples of parenthood within that realm.

Moderation.

Post Thanks / Like
    A friend of a friend's son does catalogue work for next etc. They don't earn a fortune by all accounts but they put the money away for him for college etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think if it's done in moderation then I don't see the problem. I think as with any situation it depends if the parents are sensible with it. I'd have no problen with Niamh doing it if she still looked like a child There was a show on TV once where a little girl's Mum was shown actually threatening to GROUND her child if they didnt get the acting/modelling job
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    wow nothing like putting pressure on a kid!

Yes, moderation is truly the key to everything.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    My sister got my niece involved with modeling with a reputable company here in New York. This was a few years back when my neice was an infant and toddler. My neice did some print work and was able to get a couple of commercials as well as a few appearances on a soap opera. The money was good but as my neice got older she didnt want to do it any longer so she stopped. She was never made to look like anything other than the precious baby that she was.

off site- AUG 86 --- carribean beach JULY94
    all star movies JULY99- all star sports JULY00
    coronado JAN01---------all star sports AUG01
    all star music JULY02 ---All Star Movies Apr03
    POR JULY04 -------------Disneyland Hotel Aug 04
    Pop Century APR 05 -----Pop Century AuG 05
    Pop Century AUG 06-----Carribean beach Aug 07
    Pop Century Aug-08----- Pop Century Aug -09
    Pop Century Aug-11------Off Prop- Feb 12
    Caribbean Bch-Aug 12---Pop Century Aug 13
    Pop Dec 14---Pop Feb 15--Pop April 15

Post Thanks / Like
    That's good to know Butterhead. I think that show, "Toddlers and Tiaras" (which I absolutey REFUSE to watch) makes it look like children are used (and in some cases abused) in the name of child modeling and talent shows.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle