Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oh no

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 221904
    I never realised you had that many!!
    I say the same about ours too (not very often we have all ours in at the same time, they come and go as they please).

Wish my neighbours liked my babies, they hate them. Every now and then something goes up ontop of the fence to stop them using it to get on our conservatory roof, this time its those hard plastic spikes that most people use for birds, last time it was barbed wire :(
    :omg: I would not be impressed if my neighbours but anything like that up. Yes cats can be annoying to people that do not own them but to put something up that may harm them is cruel.

Hope all goes well Deb.

Post Thanks / Like
    The barbed wire was the worst, it really upset me - but i didnt feel i could say anything to my neighbours because they can get quite nasty at times. We had gale's and their fence and the barbed wire got blown down thankfully - but previous to this their attitude made us decide to put great big fences up around our garden. What gets me though is that the cats only use their bit of fence for jumping onto our roof, theyve not damaged it as they use our fences for scratching etc. I just hope they dont seriously hurt their little paws this time round :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 221988
    The barbed wire was the worst, it really upset me - but i didnt feel i could say anything to my neighbours because they can get quite nasty at times. We had gale's and their fence and the barbed wire got blown down thankfully - but previous to this their attitude made us decide to put great big fences up around our garden. What gets me though is that the cats only use their bit of fence for jumping onto our roof, theyve not damaged it as they use our fences for scratching etc. I just hope they dont seriously hurt their little paws this time round :(
    hope they stay safe hun. How someone could do this knowing they may hurt an animal is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know - the fact that they purposely wanted to hurt them is what upset me :(

Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way you can build a little ramp that allows the cats access to your roof without their having to use the neighbor's fence?

That might go a long way toward protecting the cats, and keeping the neighbor from being so nasty.

I shouldn't think it would be much more than a 2x6 plank that you'd have to use?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We have a fence up now Tink, they can use our side of the fence to get up on the roof if they want too. The neighbours putting thebarbed wire up was the final straw for me - i practically ordered DH to get on the phone and sort the fence out and within a week or so they were up doing it!

They have 4 of these spikey things on there at the moment, they are about 40cms long and they have left gaps inbetween - the cats jump in the gaps! I know i shouldnt laugh as they could hurt themselves, but it made me laugh to think that the cats got the upperhand on that one!

Post Thanks / Like
    Is it their fence, or your's? That's what I am a bit confused about?

Surely if it's your fence the neighbor can't be putting those sorts of things up there!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Its theirs - if it was ours it wouldve been straight down!
    They had 1 fence panel up for privacy, we eventually put our fence up around the rest of the garden, partly because of the cat thing but mainly so that Isabelle (who's 3) can play safely out in the garden. So they have 1 fence panel up and have put the spikey stuff on that

Post Thanks / Like
    Huh. They sound pretty unfriendly.

So, if you had a small alternate ramp would that ease up the stress over the fence thing? (Just trying to find a way for them to no longer have any contact with your kittehs!). :D

Post Thanks / Like
    Adorable new additions Although Dempsey looks like trouble - look at the expression on his face

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12