Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear!

Post Thanks / Like
    My brother text me last night, he said that he was reading the reviews about the hotel we are staying in in November and they werent good! There were lots of reviews saying that there was a terrible smell and mould all over the place. I tried to tell him that the hotel was meant to be getting refurbished and that im sure its going to be fine - but i read them today and its really put the wind up me!
    This year was meant to be a cheap and cheerful trip, so im not expecting a 5* hotel, just somewhere that was clean and comfortable. I spoke to my brother today and said that people usually only have something to say if its a bad thing and im sure its going to be fine - hope i can convince myself of the same thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    where are you stopping at
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    At the monumental movieland opposite wet n wild

Post Thanks / Like
    Used to be the best western i think

Post Thanks / Like
    We are staying there as well in oct. We have seen similar reports but it is only being used as a base. How ever with my kids having lung problems we could do without mould. Be interesting to hear if anyone else has anything else to add. But as you stated you only usually see bad comments

Post Thanks / Like
    Have told my brother not to unpack a thing until he's completely happy with the room! Like you said its just a base really - but you dont expect smells and mould do you.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 222098
    Have told my brother not to unpack a thing until he's completely happy with the room! Like you said its just a base really - but you dont expect smells and mould do you.
    I'm looking forward to hearing what you think about it
    Is your brother also going in Nov or is he going earlier. When I read the reports I did also see a few good ones. I think it is because we are booked in there you pick up on the bad things. I may ring up the agent though and see if there is an alternative as like wise is has spooked me slightly

Post Thanks / Like
    We're all going in November - there will be 3 rooms and 8 of us so one of us is bound to get a manky room!!

Im sure everything will be fine!

Post Thanks / Like
    YIKES!!! It's always disconcerting to read unfriendly reviews about lodging and food...especially when you've already booked up. crossed that as you say it's just the "squeaky wheel" you're hearing and that it will fine. If you're like me and my family...you don't need much just a clean spot to rest your head and take a shower (important word here being CLEAN ) Always good to follow up with your TA though and see what you're options are in case it's not acceptable.

GOOD LUCK!

Post Thanks / Like
    Who did you book with Kate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast