Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quality Inn & Quality Inn Plaza

Post Thanks / Like
    Has anyone stayed in any of the Quality Inns on I Drive and what are your views. Kate has set alarm bells ringing about the Monumental Movieland and the unclean nature of the place. So was just wondering what other economy type places there are or do we just stay as we are.?????
    We would normaly have stayed in a villa and are now starting to think we may have done wrong ????

Post Thanks / Like
    nonononononononononononononono!!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay very far away!

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We stayed at the QI International last time we went and it was absolutely fine - nothing over the top (obviously as its just a 3*) but it was clean and comfy, we had no complaints about it at all! Would stay there again - infact, we might yet!

Are you going to change hotels or just thinking about it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 222170
    We stayed at the QI International last time we went and it was absolutely fine - nothing over the top (obviously as its just a 3*) but it was clean and comfy, we had no complaints about it at all! Would stay there again - infact, we might yet!

Are you going to change hotels or just thinking about it?
    We are looking at the possibilities of changing, we had read the reports that you mentioned when we first looked but there are new reports on trip adviser from May still going on about the same things.

Elaine (my wife ) is looking into staying in a villa as its always something we've done and enjoyed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel a bit bad now that ive given you stress too - sorry :(

I phoned TCD earlier and am waiting for a price to go to the QI Plaza, if its not much more then id rather move than "wait and see" what its like. We wont be going to Florida again for such along time, i want this one to be ok!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quality Inn has fallen into poor service and has a faltering reputation. I know the last time I stayed at one, I said never again. The toilet when flushed backed up into the TUB! Disgusting.

They wouldn't give any sort of refund, or discount either! Couldn't shower, but they didn't care.

Nope. Not ever staying at one again.

The only buget/non-Disney value hotel I've ever stayed at that was consistently decent (in terms of clean, and service was good enough) was Howard Johnson's. They are old, and shabby, but clean and still try to do what you need them to do (extra pillows, ect).

The problem isn't the HoJo (as they are known here) but the people that stay at them. Sometimes you'll get some unsavory seeming characters.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry, but I have to agree with Tink here. I really disliked QII. Sure, the room was clean but I hated the motel style layout and the location of the hotel. Now for some, the location is a big attraction in the middle of I Drive but for us it was just awful. It was noisy and dare I even say tacky around the middle of the Drive?
    We always stay budget on the Drive and now stay at Homewood for just $15 more per night. Added to that, it is in a lovely quiet location (but totally accessible to everything) and with a free buffet breakfast, free evening food, wine and beer as well as free shuttles to all the parks , it is a no brainer thinking of staying elsewhere.. Having a suite is great also. The staff is fab and the place spotless. Can you tell I like it?

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott1066, post: 222173
    We are looking at the possibilities of changing, we had read the reports that you mentioned when we first looked but there are new reports on trip adviser from May still going on about the same things.

Elaine (my wife ) is looking into staying in a villa as its always something we've done and enjoyed.
    When are you going Scott as I may have availability if you get stuck :-)

Sandra
    Sandra

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arkvilla, post: 222288
    When are you going Scott as I may have availability if you get stuck :-)

Sandra
    Cheers Sandra i have got something sorted as it was done through an agent. One stop shop and all that. Next time i shall give you a call as i'll sort it all out for myself. Once again thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate, post: 222207
    Feel a bit bad now that ive given you stress too - sorry :(

I phoned TCD earlier and am waiting for a price to go to the QI Plaza, if its not much more then id rather move than "wait and see" what its like. We wont be going to Florida again for such along time, i want this one to be ok!
    I'd rather have a little stress now rather than a b+ggered up holiday through not listening to my initial read of the other complaints. Thanks for bringing it up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast