Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 33

Thread: Is This i thingy

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire, post: 222344
    Look here Nut
    thx claire

    i think a nano will do tbh as i havent got that much music that the storage gives you on a classic plus price as well, not paying 200 for one
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    You WILL use the extra capabilities of the iPod touch, I promise
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 222353
    You WILL use the extra capabilities of the iPod touch, I promise
    i wont josh, i only want it in the car to play music lol
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    You say that now but seriously You would do if you had it

    I'd go for a nano if you're really THAT certain, but my Dad had the same plan, went to the apple store (or currys I can't remember) and played with the iPod touch, bought it, and is really glad he did

    He uses it for movies (the nano screen is a little too small IMO) when he goes on holiday, to check his emails etc when he's abroad, plays loads of games on it, surfs the net when he's on holiday, all sorts of uses that he said he "didn't need" For the sake of the 30 difference he's glad he did
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 222367
    You say that now but seriously You would do if you had it

    I'd go for a nano if you're really THAT certain, but my Dad had the same plan, went to the apple store (or currys I can't remember) and played with the iPod touch, bought it, and is really glad he did

    He uses it for movies (the nano screen is a little too small IMO) when he goes on holiday, to check his emails etc when he's abroad, plays loads of games on it, surfs the net when he's on holiday, all sorts of uses that he said he "didn't need" For the sake of the 30 difference he's glad he did
    ok so if i went with the touch what connections do you get, say for the car, pc etc or are they separate?
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    9,138
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every iPod/iPhone/iPad uses the same 30-pin connection cable as each other In the box you get headphones, USB cable, little instruction manual and some apple stickers. It's the same with every single iPod If you car has an AUX-in then you just need a 3.5mm cable, one end goes in your headphone slot and the other goes in your car

    If you car has USB connectivity, then you can just use the supplied USB cable with it
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by josh.p., post: 222375
    Every iPod/iPhone/iPad uses the same 30-pin connection cable as each other In the box you get headphones, USB cable, little instruction manual and some apple stickers. It's the same with every single iPod If you car has an AUX-in then you just need a 3.5mm cable, one end goes in your headphone slot and the other goes in your car

    If you car has USB connectivity, then you can just use the supplied USB cable with it
    ok cool. so the ipod, whatever model has a 3.5mm jack, my car has the same so thats all i need, which ive got already.

    cheers josh.

    i'll tell the kids what they are getting me for my birthday at the end of the month
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Cumming, GA. A small suburb of Atlanta.
    Posts
    6,094
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mick,

    Rather than a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, you may want to look at something like this:

    Griffin Autopilot

    This works off the 30 pin connector on the iPod but provides better sound since it's using the line level audio output from the 30 pin connector rather than the headphone level output from the 3.5mm headphone jack. It's similar to what I've got in my car. I just plug my iPod into the 30 pin connector, set my car stereo to the AUX setting and I'm set.

    And the sound is MUCH better than the headphone output.

    Tom (... need my tunes!)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by catrancher, post: 222384
    Mick,

    Rather than a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable, you may want to look at something like this:

    Griffin Autopilot

    This works off the 30 pin connector on the iPod but provides better sound since it's using the line level audio output from the 30 pin connector rather than the headphone level output from the 3.5mm headphone jack. It's similar to what I've got in my car. I just plug my iPod into the 30 pin connector, set my car stereo to the AUX setting and I'm set.

    And the sound is MUCH better than the headphone output.

    Tom (... need my tunes!)
    ok cool, thanks tom, will see how much they are here, can always use the other lead til i get one
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Billericay,Essex, UK
    Posts
    11,340
    Post Thanks / Like
    just had a look and they are only 18 on ebay new
    Mick

    Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008



Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •