Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's official - my car is a write off :o(

Post Thanks / Like
    Ach. I'm sorry your car is a total loss, but honestly given the damage it sustained, best to get a new one.

I do understand about falling in love with your car though. When we had to replace our little white car we both felt terrible. Silly in some ways.

I still do not believe that given the damage his car must have sustained, that the police cannot do something more than talk with him. How flipping ridiculous is that? :(

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    Grrrr.... !

I'd try to find some witnesses and sue the miserable so and so to within an inch of his life!

Tom (... to mad to speak!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 222401
    Police are going to pay him a vist within the next couple of weeks to tell him off for careless driving but that's all they can do without witnesses. Thing is - there were witnesses but they walked away not wanting to get involved.

Sorry John - some members asked where I'd been the past few days so I thought I'd start a thread but I started it after the accident.
    Here you go.....

I was sationary in my car at the time, pulled up behind another car waiting to turn right. As the car in front started to pull away, I quickly glanced in my mirror just in time to see a windscreen come through my car.

Took me a while to gather myself together and get out the car. The taxi driver was already out his car, checking it over and complaining about lost fares and the damage to his car.

He told me that a dog had ran out in front of him and that's why he crashed into me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said "sorry, but I didn't see any dog and, if a dog ran in front of you - wouldn't you put your brakes on, not accelerate into me?" He then changed his story to something else catching his eye, to looking for an address sign etc.

He wrote his details down for me and gave me the wrong registration number which I had the sense to check. He snatched the piece of paper from me and wrote the correct number down.

He basically just wanted to get away before anyone saw what he had done. He never once said sorry or asked if I was ok. He left me standing crying in the middle of the road.

I got back into my car and managed to take it around the corner to a quiet street out the way of traffic. There is a club right where it happened and people were outside smoking at the time - they all went inside.

I just sat and like a sissy - cried. Gathered myself together a bit and rang Dave at work who came straight to get me. He called the police then took me straight to hospital.

Hospital was no fun. I waited nearly two hours before a doctor was available. They thought I may have cracked my neck so they strapped me to a board, put a block around my head, then taped my head to the block. They took quite a few x-rays. Thankfully, i got away with whiplash, sprained wrist and pulled muscles down my right arm and leg. I was given painkillers and sent home in the morning.

I am having this week off from work as my job involves a lot of lifting and scrubbing floors which I just couldn't do right now. Have doctors appointment Monday morning.

Police came to the house. They can't prosecute the taxi driver as no one would say they witnessed the accident. So, they said within the next couple of weeks, they would go see him and caution him for wreckless driving.
    Wow sure would NOT have worked like that in the US. Taxi driver would have had to wait for police to show up or been arrested for Hit and Run. You would have been transported to the hospital in an ambulance (I wouldn't have even have gotten out of the car until the police arrived) and the taxi driver would most certainly have been cited and ticketed. Your car would have been taken off by a tow truck to a location where your insurance company could assess the damage.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Diane, just seeing this now. I'm so sorry this happened! Sending lots of and well wishes!!

I agree with everyone else (well from the US anyway) that the police should be able to see from the damage that it is the cab drivers fault! Plus, he tried to give you incorrect info-and drove off just leaving you there! That is terrible all they can do is 'warn' him! What will he do next time??
    xxoo Rosie

Post Thanks / Like
    Aw diane I had missed this too hope you feel better soon cars can be replaced you can't x

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to here this Diane,

Post Thanks / Like
    poor you. Hope it all works out ok

Post Thanks / Like
    Arghhhh! How annoying that the police can't prosecute them I can't believe that having no witnesses means they can't prosecute! How frustrating!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Disney International College Program: May 2011 working in Attractions (Voyage of the Little Mermaid & Disney Junior: Live on Stage!)

Post Thanks / Like
    strange isnt it. CCTV cameras all over the place and if they want to find you parking in the wrong spot, or holding a cell phone, there's a camera with you on it somewhere. Something like this happens and no one bothers to check if it's been recorded somewhere
    Disney information? Try our online guidebook at http://wdisneysecrets.com
    Get your own Disney Countdown at http://toys.wdisneysecrets.com

Post Thanks / Like
    dont worry diane i'll come up and help find him then beat him with my frying pan
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast