Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official - my car is a write off :o(

Post Thanks / Like
    My lovely Mickeyised car
    Just have to empty it of my belongings and some one from the salvage company is coming to take it away.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, your poor car!

Margaret

Post Thanks / Like
    awww diane

nevermind tho it can be replaced and you have a new project to do when your better :D
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mags, post: 222394
    Oh no, your poor car!

Margaret
    How come you get attached to cars!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 222395
    nevermind tho it can be replaced and you have a new project to do when your better :D
    The guy who came to inspect it showed me the photos he had taken from inside the back of the car - I'm lucky to be here at all. The whole floor in crumpled up to just behind the drivers seat and the chassis is way bent. He couldn't get in from the hatchback, he had to take the window ledge out and the backs of the seats off.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 222396
    The guy who came to inspect it showed me the photos he had taken from inside the back of the car - I'm lucky to be here at all. The whole floor in crumpled up to just behind the drivers seat and the chassis is way bent. He couldn't get in from the hatchback, he had to take the window ledge out and the backs of the seats off.
    omg its that bad, you are a very lucky lady then diane. and with that the police cannot prosecute the cab driver, thats totally inexcusable...you know as you were injured he should have stayed and made sure you were ok, but he didnt.

are you going to take him to court with a private summons if the police still insist that they cant prosecute him ?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Diane, did I miss something while I was out of town? I haven't seen the thread.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 222397
    are you going to take him to court with a private summons if the police still insist that they cant prosecute him ?
    Police are going to pay him a vist within the next couple of weeks to tell him off for careless driving but that's all they can do without witnesses. Thing is - there were witnesses but they walked away not wanting to get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by uscwest, post: 222398
    Diane, did I miss something while I was out of town? I haven't seen the thread.
    Sorry John - some members asked where I'd been the past few days so I thought I'd start a thread but I started it after the accident.
    Here you go.....

I was sationary in my car at the time, pulled up behind another car waiting to turn right. As the car in front started to pull away, I quickly glanced in my mirror just in time to see a windscreen come through my car.

Took me a while to gather myself together and get out the car. The taxi driver was already out his car, checking it over and complaining about lost fares and the damage to his car.

He told me that a dog had ran out in front of him and that's why he crashed into me. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! I said "sorry, but I didn't see any dog and, if a dog ran in front of you - wouldn't you put your brakes on, not accelerate into me?" He then changed his story to something else catching his eye, to looking for an address sign etc.

He wrote his details down for me and gave me the wrong registration number which I had the sense to check. He snatched the piece of paper from me and wrote the correct number down.

He basically just wanted to get away before anyone saw what he had done. He never once said sorry or asked if I was ok. He left me standing crying in the middle of the road.

I got back into my car and managed to take it around the corner to a quiet street out the way of traffic. There is a club right where it happened and people were outside smoking at the time - they all went inside.

I just sat and like a sissy - cried. Gathered myself together a bit and rang Dave at work who came straight to get me. He called the police then took me straight to hospital.

Hospital was no fun. I waited nearly two hours before a doctor was available. They thought I may have cracked my neck so they strapped me to a board, put a block around my head, then taped my head to the block. They took quite a few x-rays. Thankfully, i got away with whiplash, sprained wrist and pulled muscles down my right arm and leg. I was given painkillers and sent home in the morning.

I am having this week off from work as my job involves a lot of lifting and scrubbing floors which I just couldn't do right now. Have doctors appointment Monday morning.

Police came to the house. They can't prosecute the taxi driver as no one would say they witnessed the accident. So, they said within the next couple of weeks, they would go see him and caution him for wreckless driving.

Post Thanks / Like
    sent you a text not sure if you got it

but i sure hope your ok

xxxxxxxx
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Isafari, post: 222401
    Police are going to pay him a vist within the next couple of weeks to tell him off for careless driving but that's all they can do without witnesses. Thing is - there were witnesses but they walked away not wanting to get involved.
    why not ask them to put one of those yellow boards up where it happened appealing for witnesses. worth a try...and then theres the case of his reg, ins matters getting your car paid for, what other info do they need for a rear end smash, they can see how bad the damage is. was there any skid marks from his car? i take it they have seen the car?
    Mick

Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Diane! I didn't know you'd had an accident. What an arrogant so & so the other driver was! I wish there was something the police could do. As someone has already said, you would think the fact that your car was so badly damaged they could see he was clearly at fault.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast