Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DOMA Section 3 found unconstitutional...

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Saw this post yesterday but didn't have time to read up on DOMA. Hope this turns out to be a step in the right direction.

My Facebook Profile: Facebook

To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world. - Heather Cortez

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. - Jimi Hendrix

Post Thanks / Like
    It is expected that the Obama administration will appeal the decision. I've read the judge's determination and it's really to the point.

The cases were on two points. One was the state of Massachusetts suing the Federal government, and the other was GLAD suing on section 3 but a different portion.

We can only wait and see, and stay active.

Interesting that there hasn't been a huge news release. Then again, I'm not too surprised.

The disgusting survey sent out to the military on DADT is taking front line over the true victory.

One step, one inch at a time. Equality is worth fighting for.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    baby steps I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    havent the foggiest what doma section 3 is
    Mick

Sunridge Woods Villa Oct 2000 & 2002
    Esprit/Calabay Parc Oct 2004
    Sunset Ridge Oct 2008

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 222774
    DOMA stands for Defence of Marriage Act Nut. Section 3 amends Chapter 1 of title 1, United States Code:
    In determining the meaning of any Act of Congress, or of any ruling, regulation, or interpretation of the various administrative bureaus and agencies of the United States, the word 'marriage' means only a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife, and the word 'spouse' refers only to a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ukwdwnut, post: 222774
    someone that finally asked as I had no idea what it was either , just didn't want to be the only one clueless .
    Thanks, Claire for filling us clueless in .
    Hope they finally do the right thing . I have so many friends with a Herself or Himself . That I was literally stunned with some ... when it was said, come out of the closet, they weren't kidding . This was said in a good sense .

Post Thanks / Like
    I think this will be a fight that will be won.......I just hope that it will be soon. The government has no business in my reproductive rights nor whom I want to marry.

I am a travel agent with The Magic For Less Travel. Please private message me if you'd like help booking a trip!

Post Thanks / Like
    Very Well Said, Johnie !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12