Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: There Truly Is A Greater Power !

Post Thanks / Like
    I know longer post personal problems, but I'm posting this . My DS has not received unemployment benefits since June with no extensions to be . When he was receiving his checks he was faithfully giving me $350.00 bi weekly and by the 1st of the month, I was dropping a money order in the rental box . Let me add that they have a gorgeous three bedroom apt with finished off attic . After the $350.00 deducted from his bi weekly check, they only had so much to put on their utilities . With his unemployment checks running out they not only have the landlord threatning with an eviction, but shut off notices on their electric & three in one cable ( phone, cable, internet ) . Thankfully one agency paid their gas bill, but other than that assisstance, they have hit a brick wall with TANF, rent assistance, etc . Everyone is in dire straits with this economy . Needless to say, I've been a mess !!! Not only do I have a gorgeous 11 month old granddaughter , but I have a beautiful pregnant daughter in law that is due anyday . I spoke to Jimminey and told him I was canceling my WDW trip for August/September to pay the rent & electric bill off . He said, Honey, you worked hard on ebay & subbing and made your own money if thats what you want to do, Go For It . Not something I wanted to do, but had too . This is not just about Pat n Kim any longer , but my dear grandchildren .
    My colitis has been acting up as I'm so stressed . I loss 5 pounds in two weeks . Last night I got down on my hands and knees with my rosary in hand , I cried out to God, my father, Pat's father , Pats grandmother & grandfather . I prayed as hard as I ever prayed & cried, please look over my son, daughter in law and grandchildren , if there are miracles . Please send one to my children . I woke up with the worse headache this morning . I was sitting on the front porch and the pastor from my church rode by . I looked up and said is this a sign and laughed at myself . Like, Yeah Right !!! Well, not 30 minutes later Pat calls and said MoM , you are not going to believe this , I'm waiting for the worse case scenario as he sounded upset . He went on to say , I'm at the unemployment office , OK ?!?! And I was just told not only am I getting my extention , but they owe me two weeks worth of back checks, that I will receive Thursday . I busted into tears , he's like MoM don't cry this is good news . I was crying tears of joy . I got on my hands and knees and Praised God . There Truly is a Greater Power & Prayers Work & Miracles Happen . I have so many emtions going through me right now . I'm relieved, in shock, happy, crying , you name it , I'm it ! Join Me in being beyond happy .

Post Thanks / Like
    It so nice to have such a good news like this

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Jeff ! I still feel like I'm in a dream .

Post Thanks / Like
    You always worry more about your kids don't you?! So happy for you, I'm a St. Jude believer myself!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Tinkfan ! It doesn't get any easier as they get older . Worries never end , your kids hurt, you hurt, no matter their age . Love is the greatest gift God gave us .

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm so glad that you and your family have received good news!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You foreverducky . What A Relief !

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe I can start keeping some food in !

Airdrie, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad your prayers were answered it sounds like you were due some good luck

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Life is a journey not a destination"

Post Thanks / Like
    So happy for you and your son Debi. God moves in mysterious ways

I am generally a very positive person and am thankful for all we have, not just ' material things' but the things that count, like the love you have shown for your family.

We are all blessed in many ways but often forget just how lucky we are.

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast