Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our poor cat....

Post Thanks / Like
    Our car just been to the vet and was told that he got gum disease and need to back in on Thursday for through examination with the possibility of two teeth removed.

could cost us up to 400 sigh.....

Looks like we have to dip into our holiday money

Post Thanks / Like
    $800.00 in US dollars to have two teeth removed ?!?! I paid $235.00 for Heidi, she's 10, she had 12 extractions and the others cleaned and her gums scaled & cleaned . I cannot believe a vet charges that much in the UK . WoW ! I have four dogs and two cats and I'd never be able to afford them, if our vet charged that much . I'm so sorry DJ I'm sympathizing with you , not questioning you .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 223505
    $800.00 in US dollars to have two teeth removed ?!?! I paid $235.00 for Heidi, she's 10, she had 12 extractions and the others cleaned and her gums scaled & cleaned . I cannot believe a vet charges that much in the UK . WoW ! I have four dogs and two cats and I'd never be able to afford them, if our vet charged that much . I'm so sorry DJ I'm sympathizing with you , not questioning you .
    Well, it will include GA, two set of blood test, antibiotics, jabs etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    Heidi was on antibiotics too . I refused the bloodwork to make sure she'd make it through surgery, I knew she would . I truly believe its a money making scheme .

Post Thanks / Like
    mmhhhhhh I wonder what others thinks....

Post Thanks / Like
    How old is your kitty ? And how playful is she/he ? I just know my Heidi , shes a long haired dachshund . Looks like Disneys Lady ! When Dr Amanda told ne 12 teeth had been removed, I almost went into cardiac arrest . I thought the bill would be over $800.00 , when she told me $235.00 and that was with her meds, I almost had another . I wish your dear kitty well . They really are family .
    Now my Hans , he's 15 and his teeth are horrible, but I'd never put him through surgery . He'd die on the table . poor little mite is partially deaf & blind . He's my short haired black dachie .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 223514
    How old is your kitty ? And how playful is she/he ? I just know my Heidi , shes a long haired dachshund . Looks like Disneys Lady ! When Dr Amanda told ne 12 teeth had been removed, I almost went into cardiac arrest . I thought the bill would be over $800.00 , when she told me $235.00 and that was with her meds, I almost had another . I wish your dear kitty well . They really are family .
    Now my Hans , he's 15 and his teeth are horrible, but I'd never put him through surgery . He'd die on the table . poor little mite is partially deaf & blind . He's my short haired black dachie .
    He is now 8 and it is very laid back cat with mood swings (always have been!)

He like his food too sigh!

Post Thanks / Like
    ahhh, my dear late puddie had her mood swings . When she had to be put down at 18 and they gave her that 1st shot to calm her , I cried, I said, my god puddie if you could have been this way all the time . She got so loveable !
    Only you know your dear kitty Jeff in regards to that dang senseless blood work . As I said heidi, yes, Hans, no way .
    mine all like their special nono food .

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinker, post: 223523
    ahhh, my dear late puddie had her mood swings . When she had to be put down at 18 and they gave her that 1st shot to calm her , I cried, I said, my god puddie if you could have been this way all the time . She got so loveable !
    Only you know your dear kitty Jeff in regards to that dang senseless blood work . As I said heidi, yes, Hans, no way .
    mine all like their special nono food .
    mmmhhhit first time for us all so we are not sure how to 'deal' with it at the moment but will have a think....

Post Thanks / Like
    Awwww, Jeff! Your poor kittie and your poor holiday fund!!! Now I must say that though I would never hesitate to get my animals the treatment they needed howver much it costs (like you), I have to say that sounds pricey! The only thing I roughly have to go on is, 2 years ago my bearded collie had a huge chunk taken out of her by a so-called groomer. She had to have a GA, blood tests, and an op that removed the dead skin and stitched it up again, as well as an aftercare check-up. It cost me 125. And locally they are quite an expensive vet as they are a national chain. Maybe for the price of another consultation you could get a second opinion?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast