Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pool heating charges

Post Thanks / Like
    Not for me but for my cousin going in December.

What is a reasonable charge for pool heating for a villa pool please?

Post Thanks / Like
    What is it being heated with?

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    No idea.

She's trying to book a package with a UK tour operator and they've quoted 300 ($450) for 2 weeks pool heating and I'm trying to convince her to book direct with one of the many villa owners I am aware of.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are they staying on site . The only thing I can tell you is that when Jim & I stayed at POR , there were many swimmers in the pool . it was 40 degrees out and the steam was coming off the pool . So if I had to guess, I'd say 80's

Post Thanks / Like
    O.M.G. do I feel silly , I thought you were asking what the charge of temp was set on the pool . Villas actually charge to heat the pool ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Dawn...that price is takeing the p***. 85-120PW is realistic. Hot tub may be slightly more.
    Tour Operators are reknown to rip off villa renters and say its the MC or owners rates. One time a couple of years back someone on a forum was quoted 3350 for pool heat by TCD i tracked down the owner of the villa the guest was staying in (took ages) and asked him what he charged and it was 95pw passed this to the guest and he went ballistic at TCD got his money back and booked direct with the owner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Malcolm.

Post Thanks / Like
    we booked with virgin and didnt pay to heat the pool before we went. when we got there it was too cold so we payed the villa rep $175 for 10 days , we were glad we did it this way in the end as it worked out a lot cheaper as virgin at the time were charging 300 14 days. [we went this easter]

Post Thanks / Like
    For that cost they'd better be heating it with propane to 115 degrees!

As Malcolm said, a total rip off. Sometimes when propane is used the cost can be higher, but electric is the norm.

Welcome to our new home! It's a lovely and friendly place. If you haven't joined yet, do register. It's a great place to make friends and share all those Disney secrets!!

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ~Aristotle

Post Thanks / Like
    We charge 90 or for US guests $120 a week

Sandra
    Sandra

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast